Do Not Sell My Personal Information

user name or password incorrect

Sandy Taylor

When I first turn my corolla 2021 hybrid on, A message pops up on the screen "User name or password incorrect" clicking on Ok gets rid of it, but what is it? What user name and/or password? and how do I deal with it? Your help would be appreciated

Is it referring to your myt account

just a guess

• Like 2

As above its the head unit trying to log in to a MyT account, on the head unit select "setup", then "online" on the LH menu set and make sure the username and password filled match your MyT account

Thanks, finally sorted it. It seems that the dealership enter new owner details. They had entered my partners name as the car was purchased in their name. Once I entered that name into the head unit all was sorted. 

• 1 month later...

I have this problem too, will try the advice however in my case not the dealer. 

I think there was glitch on MyToyota which demanded a new password. To simplify things I reset the old password but I suspect the car needs that to be reentered again as well. 

Also check you don't have special characters in your password. MyT app and My toyota Web page will accept a password that has $ for instance, but then the headunit won't sign in. ! Is accepted.

Trashman, I hate passwords.  MyT won't accept £ so I set $. 

Just reset password in the car but not tried it it yet. 

Amazes me that so many companies/sites allow simpler passwords. I use a password generator and I still come across them where they say it must be an exact length, no special characters and must start with a capital....I mean brilliant, you just gave a hacker a start point and limited the variations they would need to try...

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I also have the pop up user name/password issue. Referring back to Devon Aygo's suggestion I can't get it to show my password so I set up again putting in my email address and the password I use for MyT account. The problem is that I have read that it requires upper and lower case for the password and the online keyboard only has upper case. Any observations welcomed.

I think you'll find that the online keyboard has both upper and lower cases. If it's anything like mine, you have to keep stabbing at the case shift key until it surrenders.

4 hours ago, J-S said:

I also have the pop up user name/password issue. Referring back to Devon Aygo's suggestion I can't get it to show my password so I set up again putting in my email address and the password I use for MyT account. The problem is that I have read that it requires upper and lower case for the password and the online keyboard only has upper case. Any observations welcomed.