Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Super white or pearlescent white

Pawson

Hi,

Did anyone have problems expecting Pearlescent White on new cars and getting Super White (040)?  (I know Pearlescent is not now available on new cars)

If that happened, I’d expect a refund. Depending on the market/model Superwhite(040) is a base colour, and even when it’s not, the pearl white is significantly more expensive.

When I was ordering at the end of September Pearl white wasn’t available in the system although you could still spec it on the website

Pearlcent white was the most expensive colour option in uk at the cost of £930 , I would say probably the best one too, at least for me and kind of signature to top spec Toyota models. Difficult to touch up repair though and here the pure white or super white wins. Refund should be issued for sure. 👍

I would be inclined to check the order documentation to determine which colour was actually ordered. Was the car ordered directly from a Toyota dealer or a lease company? Your contract will be with the dealer or lease company - so any comeback will be via them, rather than the manufacturer.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

I would be inclined to check the order documentation to determine which colour was actually ordered. Was the car ordered directly from a Toyota dealer or a lease company? Your contract will be with the dealer or lease company - so any comeback will be via them, rather than the manufacturer.

Wouldn't be the first time a sales person has made a mistake with a factory order & it's not noticed until the customer comes to take delivery. 

• Like 1

I don't know why but the pearl white is a darn site easier to keep clean than super white, I have had both colours on several cars and pearl is the better colour to keep clean 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Pawson said:

Hi,

Did anyone have problems expecting Pearlescent White on new cars and getting Super White (040)?  (I know Pearlescent is not now available on new cars)

Platinium Pearl White (089) is now available on MY22 Corolla. I have not seen this colour in the flesh yet but it must be a close match with the old Pearl White (070) that I had with my 2016 Auris.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Parts-King said:

I don't know why but the pearl white is a darn site easier to keep clean than super white, I have had both colours on several cars and pearl is the better colour to keep clean 

I know why and I had few of both whites from Toyota, it’s because the pearl one is like silver and silver is the the best for withstanding against dirt on the exterior 🙂👌

• Like 1