Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Just bought an Avensis!

SB1500

17 minutes ago, Catlover said:

Hi Shane, why don’t you have a chat with you local Toyota dealer, they know you now, just tell them whilst you want to do as much as you can on the car you will be buying service parts off them and can you have a discount if you buy all bits off them. 10%, maybe 15% and without the hassle of postage. If you don’t ask you don’t get.

I certainly will - cheers for the suggestion.

Just spoke again to the contact from eHybrid.  The guy is very polite, patient and answered pretty much anything I asked and he wasn't offended or touchy about my question over the genuine factor of the parts. I am pretty convinced he is legitimate and I told him my plan to compare the parts with those sourced from Toyota at the dealership - and he was all too happy for me to do so, which is a good sign. It's down to me now to do just that and to share my findings, whether it supports the fact they are genuine, or not.  And at least users on here will know whether or not to trust it. I think should they turn out to be genuine, at the low price I got them for, then a bit of a song and dance in favour of eHybrid would be necessary.  He said he has had the question from time to time and sure enough, he knew what to say. And it seems to check out.

Something else notable, unlike in the US and other countries, most of the genuine Toyota parts here will be made in Europe and that makes sense. E.g. Mann-Filter. And for the oil filter and such, this D4D BMW derived engine, well those parts will probably be more BMW looking than the rest of Toyota's range - so that alone could explain any differences in my pictures versus a Toyota diesel or petrol or hybrid engine filter??

He also explained that the cabin filter I have (which he maintains is also genuine) is a standard Toyota part used across most of the range. And that when I go to the dealer, there will be 3 options. Mine is the cheapest Toyota part, but there are also much more expensive heavy charcoal etc top of the range ones, so that could explain some difference... but I will ask like-for-like, according to the part numbers in the service kit to do a fair comparison.

He's also offered to put to me in writing via email and send through the tax invoice and all that, for the parts and confirm that these are genuine which would be something good to go by should I discover otherwise - so the fact he's willing to do that, also a good sign. If he was lying and he knew it he'd surely not make such an offer, is what I'd imagine.

So I will find out 100% one way or another about eHybrid and hopefully that will give us all as a Toyota Owner's community a solid ground to decide for or against this part seller.

I don't want screwed over. Nobody else on here does. And if that company is legit like it says it is, then it's only fair it doesn't get screwerd over.  Especially if somehow, they are selling legit parts at an insanely low price - then it's something we should benefit from supporting.  So if you're following this, stay tuned!

I was going to ask what the parts 'felt' like, as the knockoffs tend to feel noticeably different to the parts they are replacing. And were there any of the Toyota holograms on the boxes? (Not sure if all of them have, I know the oil filter does but don't think e.g. the cabin filter does)

Anyone can open Trade account discount depends on the level of money you're spending

the aftermarket is a minefield for parts you cant go far wrong with Blueprint or Febi, Mahle is oem for a lot of manufacturers

Toyota's main OEM is Denso a lot of Toyota petrols run Denso plugs and o2 sensors

A lot of Toyota part number are interchangeable but be aware of difference between where the models are built Jap vs French vs Turkey vs UK (corollas are usually 1SB vin's)

As far as I knowToyota original car parts can only be purchased from official Toyota registered dealer (re seller) which obviously this man it’s not. Genuine car parts to take a discount as a trader or re seller (mechanic) no more than 15% if you are well known to them otherwise u will be lucky if you manage to get even 5% off customer final price. If that guy is official he has to sell the parts on higher prices than the most dealers to make any profit. Some of its pictures on eBay represent real oem Toyota parts but some even on his pictures are fake, easily recognisable by someone with experience and mission impossible to someone without. This particular parts Shane showed the oil filter and pollen filter particularly look 100% fake. I know that guy from eBay when he started only with Prius service kit and I also was tempted to buy but when I looked closely on the pictures the spark plugs looked really badly manufactured something typical for the cheap copies. I hope I am wrong and the parts are real but it’s hard to believe. I bought many parts through eBay but every time only from official Toyota store or well known dealers from all around the country. 

2 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

As far as I knowToyota original car parts can only be purchased from official Toyota registered dealer (re seller) which obviously this man it’s not. Genuine car parts to take a discount as a trader or re seller (mechanic) no more than 15% if you are well known to them otherwise u will be lucky if you manage to get even 5% off customer final price. If that guy is official he has to sell the parts on higher prices than the most dealers to make any profit. Some of its pictures on eBay represent real oem Toyota parts but some even on his pictures are fake, easily recognisable by someone with experience and mission impossible to someone without. This particular parts Shane showed the oil filter and pollen filter particularly look 100% fake. I know that guy from eBay when he started only with Prius service kit and I also was tempted to buy but when I looked closely on the pictures the spark plugs looked really badly manufactured something typical for the cheap copies. I hope I am wrong and the parts are real but it’s hard to believe. I bought many parts through eBay but every time only from official Toyota store or well known dealers from all around the country. 

by chance is this guy that sells genuine toyota parts on eBay fake or real as i bought a few things from him like break pads and discs and air filters etc plus this other guy also i bought things plus when i go to toyota online parts on the toyota site it sends me to eBay to buy them there . is these guys genuine 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/283651078460

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/254377885507

and this is the toyota online siite that sends me to ebay 

https://www.toyota.co.uk/owners/parts-accessories/parts

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 2009joe said:

by chance is this guy that sells genuine toyota parts on ebay fake or real as i bought a few things from him like break pads and discs and air filters etc plus this other guy also i bought things plus when i go to toyota online parts on the toyota site it sends me to ebay to buy them there . is these guys genuine 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/283651078460

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/254377885507

and this is the toyota online siite that sends me to ebay 

https://www.toyota.co.uk/owners/parts-accessories/parts

These are the one I buy from too, all genuine parts sold by main dealers. 👍 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

Hi Tony, I have to ask, what exactly from my pictures makes you think these are fake? 

This guy reckons if I get the real deal from Toyota and compare them, and if somehow they aren’t real and it is clear and I send him a photo, he will refund me and send £50 for the hassle-  he reckons that offer is on for all customers of his.  I see the two negative feedbacks on eBay, but I see over a thousand positives, surely quite a few mechanics, DIY guys like ourselves and the likes would have noticed fakes, kicked up a fuss and made a right point of it on there. 

I checked my photos. I checked other listings online and the official photos from Toyota of the oil bottles, as well as some guides I found online which are ‘how to spot fake counterfeits’.  The boxes seem legitimate, the text on the labels all checks out as Toyota, the lettering on the bottle (measurement numbers) are all smooth and equal and straight, the Toyota logo is printed the same way the guide says, the label splits open to reveal more safety info, the label is straight, the seam and the production stamp at the bottom of the bottle matches that of the genuine example on the guide. 

As for the filter, with this being a BMW derived engine and having a BMW style filter, surely Toyota’s production for this comes from BMWs OEM maker on this one (I believe also MANN-FILTER) but will be stamped different, e.g. perhaps not on the paper fins like the Toyota parts, and just re-boxed and sent to Toyota warehouses for 1WW/2WW engine owners. 

The orange foam engine air filter did throw me off too, but it was stamped with the Toyota info and also with it being a Toyota Europe part (not Japan) I didn’t expect it to be black. My genuine MANN-FILTERs ordered for my last DS3 from AUTODOC were all orange / the real deal.  Also, with it being the Munich produced BMW engine 1WW it might also have a genuine Toyota part which is in essence swiped form the BMW factory and put in a Toyota bag with the sticker on it.  The sticker does check out - no dodgy fonts, or incorrect wording etc. 

I will be ordering my brakes soon from Toyota on the official eBay store (offers 0% 4 month payments so less immediate loss of money for a long term investment in the car).  I’ll also throw in a genuine filter for the pollen and engine air to keep for next year, this is what I’ll use to compare with the eHybrid parts. 

If they’re fake, then I’ll make a clear post warning users on here with my proof. BUT, if they’re real, equally, I’ll make a clear post promoting the site / recommending it as I was originally intending to since I thought I got a good bargain.  But only once I’m 100% sure. 

I am really keen Tony if you could go into some detail as to what the giveaway is on my photos / parts that makes you sure they’re fake?  (Only because if that is the case - I’d like to be able to tell myself). I don’t mean to be doubtful, but to me, it is essential I am 100% certain about the outcome of this. 

Just to add to this, I have found another "genuine" engine air filter on eBay (https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/264483873149?epid=1258396001&hash=item3d9477a17d:g:5WoAAOSwmtRdkynY)

This comes in the same bag as mine (with the dotted imprints all over it), same orange foam rim filter and same Toyota sticker down to every detail (spacing / font / etc).  It's sold by a seller called 'snowsgroupwest'. I looked it up, and this is an authorised Toyota dealership company in England somewhere.

If they've got the same part, then it must be from Toyota GB and legit... I mean, I'll still do my test, but I'm feeling a bit less like I got screwed over.

• Like 3

Your right Shane, Snows Group is genuine Toyota dealer. Tony buys from them.

You should be joining the crime squad, you really doing some good snooping about. 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, SB1500 said:

Just to add to this, I have found another "genuine" engine air filter on eBay (https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/264483873149?epid=1258396001&hash=item3d9477a17d:g:5WoAAOSwmtRdkynY)

This comes in the same bag as mine (with the dotted imprints all over it), same orange foam rim filter and same Toyota sticker down to every detail (spacing / font / etc).  It's sold by a seller called 'snowsgroupwest'. I looked it up, and this is an authorised Toyota dealership company in England somewhere.

If they've got the same part, then it must be from Toyota GB and legit... I mean, I'll still do my test, but I'm feeling a bit less like I got screwed over.

Yes, this is a legit car dealer and I personally buy from them a lot. E hybrid does not look like a real company but virtual office and what he offers although looks like real parts the risk of been fake is very high , I explained earlier all the reasons. Your particular parts looks like oem Toyota but the quality of the parts and packaging is questionable plus the supplier and that combination rings the bell to me. A few years ago when cheaper Prius  spark plugs start to emerge on eBay and that seller among some others were offering those fake parts well below dealers prices, don’t know if he stepped up its game and he is trading with real one now but your oil filter and pollen filter look 100% non real. Oil bottles also missing important information on them like manufacturing date, exp date, scan codes for verification etc., labels also looked off to me, same for the paper box on both oil and pollen filter which also look very poor quality. The air filter is the only part that looks legitimate but again I am making my opinion based on what I see on the pictures and I might be wrong too, pictures doesn’t do justice all the time. I think we should leave it and my suggestion to everyone is buy from a registered dealer to avoid confusion and hassle, the savings are not worth it. ✌️

• Like 2

15 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

These are the one I buy from too, all genuine parts sold by main dealers. 👍 

which one i looked at my boxes and im not sure if real or fake what ones do u use there are different ones on eBay selling what is the ones should i buy my things from

9 hours ago, SB1500 said:

i bought things from that eBay seller before looks ok bought break disc and pads few other toyota things u see my  last messages i have put up a few eBay links i think might be real sellers not 2 sure  just wondering if anyone else dealed with him

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

Yes, this is a legit car dealer and I personally buy from them a lot. E hybrid does not look like a real company but virtual office and what he offers although looks like real parts the risk of been fake is very high , I explained earlier all the reasons. Your particular parts looks like oem Toyota but the quality of the parts and packaging is questionable plus the supplier and that combination rings the bell to me. A few years ago when cheaper Prius  spark plugs start to emerge on eBay and that seller among some others were offering those fake parts well below dealers prices, don’t know if he stepped up its game and he is trading with real one now but your oil filter and pollen filter look 100% non real. Oil bottles also missing important information on them like manufacturing date, exp date, scan codes for verification etc., labels also looked off to me, same for the paper box on both oil and pollen filter which also look very poor quality. The air filter is the only part that looks legitimate but again I am making my opinion based on what I see on the pictures and I might be wrong too, pictures doesn’t do justice all the time. I think we should leave it and my suggestion to everyone is buy from a registered dealer to avoid confusion and hassle, the savings are not worth it. ✌️

what about that other eBay seller dose he sell genuine parts  burrowscarparts (32807

plus what about this eBay seller Shop Toyota on eBay

https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/toyotaofficialstore

These ones are official Toyota dealers: 

Burrows, Snowgroup west, Toyota official store, Toyota direct parts., they also sell cars like jemca and currys motors in London. e hybrid it’s not a dealer but someone who sells parts online only, can be a drop shipping trader or something similar. I did checked his eBay store and there are many parts now and most of them look original but there are still some fake (poor quality aftermarket) that are available. I remember when he started back in 2019 with only service kits for Prius and spark plugs, they were fake. Even though if he is now a better trader and offer a real parts how can we be sure that they are real where fakes are so well made that even people with experience can not spot them easily. 

• Like 1

Toyota Direct Parts is the online service of Fish Brothers - a Toyota dealer in Swindon.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

Yes, this is a legit car dealer and I personally buy from them a lot. E hybrid does not look like a real company but virtual office and what he offers although looks like real parts the risk of been fake is very high , I explained earlier all the reasons. Your particular parts looks like oem Toyota but the quality of the parts and packaging is questionable plus the supplier and that combination rings the bell to me. A few years ago when cheaper Prius  spark plugs start to emerge on eBay and that seller among some others were offering those fake parts well below dealers prices, don’t know if he stepped up its game and he is trading with real one now but your oil filter and pollen filter look 100% non real.

I had a lengthy conversation with the guy. He told me that’s how he started and his main interest is serving the amount of hybrid taxi drivers in London etc, that’s his core business and I suppose eHybrid the name matches up. He said his purchases from Toyota are on a high scale and that’s how he can do the prices low, but in order to meet certain quotas to get those discounts he has started selling the 1WW and other models non hybrid parts. Which doesn’t sound to out of the ordinary if it’s true. 

Oil bottles also missing important information on them like manufacturing date, exp date, scan codes for verification etc., labels also looked off to me,

Underneath the 1L bottle I still have there is a round production date stamped on, it’s identical to the one on Toyota (RU’s) counterfeit spotting guide, and it says my bottle was produced February 2021. The 5L was 19th April 2021 (I read it and then realised it was my mums birthday!).   There seems to be small QR / square codes around the labels.  I checked one listings photo of the bottle, and my sticker appears to be straight / same spacing. Also, it pulls open (similar to some medicines) to reveal more info, I reckon that’d be a hard / expensive thing to fake.  I’ve seen counterfeit computer software (like Microsoft Office) and they tend to struggle to print straight on cardboard, or be able to produce labels of the same plastic sort of quality (it’s always basic paper) so I’d be impressed if this oil was fake?  The numbers are smooth too (apparently fakes have rough angled and obstructed measurement numbers) but mine are smooth on this 1L bottle I’ve examined. So I can’t see it personally? 

same for the paper box on both oil and pollen filter which also look very poor quality.

Sorry to be more particular, but what way? Is the font off? Sizing? Poor colour quality of the red?  I looked at some fakes online and they seem to be way poorer, the giveaways are subtle, but like ‘Toyota general parts’ etc. 

The air filter is the only part that looks legitimate but again I am making my opinion based on what I see on the pictures and I might be wrong too, pictures doesn’t do justice all the time. I think we should leave it and my suggestion to everyone is buy from a registered dealer to avoid confusion and hassle, the savings are not worth it. ✌️

I’m definitely interested in getting to the bottom of it (without us needing to have any doubt) just so I know in the future if bargains are worth hunting for online or not. Surely valuable to future members.  

Of course the dealer and official store will be easier and less doubt, but the cabin filter alone on Toyotas eBay store is £30 something. So if things like eHybrid are legit (and I’ll not say they are for certain unless I can come up with and reasonable proof) they still seem worth mentioning on here.  

but I really appreciate your experience and thoughts on it all the same - thank you 

1 hour ago, TonyHSD said:

These ones are official Toyota dealers: 

Burrows, Snowgroup west, Toyota official store, Toyota direct parts., they also sell cars like jemca and currys motors in London. e hybrid it’s not a dealer but someone who sells parts online only, can be a drop shipping trader or something similar. I did checked his eBay store and there are many parts now and most of them look original but there are still some fake (poor quality aftermarket) that are available. I remember when he started back in 2019 with only service kits for Prius and spark plugs, they were fake. Even though if he is now a better trader and offer a real parts how can we be sure that they are real where fakes are so well made that even people with experience can not spot them easily. 

I’ll soon find out.  I’ll get some filters from Toyota and compare them with his, and then we’ll know.   We’ll have a guide on here maybe, which will show how / precisely his are fake and we’ll make an example of him / that company if that’s the case.  And I’m sure at some point Toyota next time they scour the web for illegal resellers will spot it maybe.  BUT, it might turn out that he is legit. In which case I’d be happy to recommend / promote it when asked I guess.  I think a side by side, extremely close comparison will be easy to spot a fake.  Even one of the Toyota videos shows a magnifying glass on a paper filter, showing the number of ‘fibres’ being nearly double on the genuine. If I have to go into that detail, then I will.  For the sake of not wanting to be ripped off personally, but also for the sake of assuring other people like myself are able to quickly spot a fake / stop crooks in their track.  OR… bag a good deal 🙂 

• Like 3

I lost a tenner yesterday.... had a friend in the car. He complained about the seats (complaining kind of guy - so unsurprising). I said "raise it up, it's too low, your knees are right up, that'll sort it" (he's quite tall).  "I can't, there isn't any way to adjust the height". "Shut up, of course there is" - what followed was about 3 ways of me trying to explain to him where the level is on my side, and how it's definitely there on his side too. "Nope" he kept insisting, thought he was winding me up! (wouldn't put it past him). He bet me a tenner it wasn't there. I thought on a non-entry-level car like my Avensis, it'd definitely have such a simple feature. My second Fiat Panda (mid spec model) and DS3 had height adjustable passenger seats, but nope, Avensis does not.  Quite disappointing! 

I drove it 230 miles on Saturday from Londonderry to past Newry. Essentially the top left of NI to the bottom right. The car is phenomenal, and I'm 'back in love' with it now. Smooth, quiet, comfortable. And every so often adjusting the lumbar support a little out / in kept my back quite comfortable.  Petrol station near me had diesel at 151.9...  thought I'd find it cheaper on the way... 154.9... 158.9... 161.9... 169.9... 172.9 at one station!!!  The light came on, and the next one near me was 169.9,  I thought might as well settle for that before being stuck at one that is worse.  What an idiot I was to not use the one by the house which was the lowest of the day!!!

Put some premium diesel in yesterday. From what I can gather, it gives no better power output at all (as premium petrol is meant to). Just 'additives' in it to keep the innjectors clean allegedly. But for those to work, you need to always be using premium (suppose it takes time to break down soot build up). I wonder if it's beneficial for the car, I might use it this month now to see if I see any improvement...  will be an interesting experiment. If it keeps an already fussy engine happy then that might be worth the financial shafting too.  Switched from filling the car up full-tank at a time (done that since 2020) back to putting £30-£35 a week in, so the price will determine what I end up with volume wise, and that'll determine how little / smart I need to be about driving that week or not.

• Like 2

The Yaris Mk4 is the first car I've ever had where the passenger seat had height adjustment, not just the driver's!!!

If the super-diesel is good stuff, it should get to work breaking up deposits etc. pretty quickly; Only took one tank of V-Power to fix the sluggishness of my old Yaris D4D (That I suspect was caused by excessive town driving), but after the 2nd tank didn't make any more noticeable difference so I tended to run a tank of V-Power in every 4th/5th tank, or if I was low and about to go on a long motorway run, as the V-Power is expensive stuff!

A good thing about putting in a partial tank is it'll raise your average MPG due to running less weight too!

One thing people have told me in the past tho' - Unless you live somewhere super dry, do put in a full tank now and then, or you'll risk microbes growing on the side of the tank above the 'diesel line' where any condensation forms on the tank walls.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SB1500 said:

I lost a tenner yesterday.... had a friend in the car. He complained about the seats (complaining kind of guy - so unsurprising). I said "raise it up, it's too low, your knees are right up, that'll sort it" (he's quite tall).  "I can't, there isn't any way to adjust the height". "Shut up, of course there is" - what followed was about 3 ways of me trying to explain to him where the level is on my side, and how it's definitely there on his side too. "Nope" he kept insisting, thought he was winding me up! (wouldn't put it past him). He bet me a tenner it wasn't there. I thought on a non-entry-level car like my Avensis, it'd definitely have such a simple feature. My second Fiat Panda (mid spec model) and DS3 had height adjustable passenger seats, but nope, Avensis does not.  Quite disappointing! 

I drove it 230 miles on Saturday from Londonderry to past Newry. Essentially the top left of NI to the bottom right. The car is phenomenal, and I'm 'back in love' with it now. Smooth, quiet, comfortable. And every so often adjusting the lumbar support a little out / in kept my back quite comfortable.  Petrol station near me had diesel at 151.9...  thought I'd find it cheaper on the way... 154.9... 158.9... 161.9... 169.9... 172.9 at one station!!!  The light came on, and the next one near me was 169.9,  I thought might as well settle for that before being stuck at one that is worse.  What an idiot I was to not use the one by the house which was the lowest of the day!!!

Put some premium diesel in yesterday. From what I can gather, it gives no better power output at all (as premium petrol is meant to). Just 'additives' in it to keep the innjectors clean allegedly. But for those to work, you need to always be using premium (suppose it takes time to break down soot build up). I wonder if it's beneficial for the car, I might use it this month now to see if I see any improvement...  will be an interesting experiment. If it keeps an already fussy engine happy then that might be worth the financial shafting too.  Switched from filling the car up full-tank at a time (done that since 2020) back to putting £30-£35 a week in, so the price will determine what I end up with volume wise, and that'll determine how little / smart I need to be about driving that week or not.

Must check my 2014 Shane see if my one if got that handle on passenger's seat .other than that dude drop Ur m8t like a hot spud better hanging around with people that don't squack all the time m8t lol

• Haha 1

yeah just charge him a £10 transport fee next time he wants a lift :laugh: 

I always get caught out playing fuel price roulette too - Was 148.9 on the weekend, now is 159.9! :eek: 

D'oh!!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Cyker said:

yeah just charge him a £10 transport fee next time he wants a lift :laugh: 

I always get caught out playing fuel price roulette too - Was 148.9 on the weekend, now is 159.9! :eek: 

D'oh!!

Karma got him back!  He has an i30N (and being a Hyundai, it's had nothing but trouble even though it's just a 2019). Going in for its second head light replacement (they're letting water in - design flaw) and they gave him a Ford Ka as a courtesy car!!!!  Cherry on the pie, for some reason, they've told him there's a £15 fee for it :') - so we're even 😉 lol

The difference between his experience with Hyundai and me with DS is unbelievable. He bought the car, ex-demo, mice had chewed all the engine foam and pipe covers... they did nothing about it. Headlights steaming up. Eventually they replaced them. Second time, now the local dealer is closed down, 50 mile drive for him, they wouldn't even accept photos as a diagnostic thing (Fiat dealer let me do this in the past for warranty issues to save a drive).  And yet, DS Automobiles took my car on the back of a lorry 70+ miles to the best bodyshop in the country, provided a '21 CLA 220 premium for two months and replaced my alloys / corrected the paint on the whole car!!!   Would never buy a Hyundai / Kia anyway, but with the dealer and UK office experiences he's having, wouldn't touch them with a ten foot barge pole!

• Like 2

Glad you had a good experience with it. I heard the advice of 'every 1,000 miles run premium through' which makes sense. But then I thought it might take time before it really starts chipping away at any grime in the extremeties within the engine?  I'll start using it going forward now and see how it goes.

When the fuel prices come back down (and I'm confident they will - but maybe it'll be a tough year) I might go back to full tanks. Partly its to stop me having the sense of 'plenty of fuel to burn' and driving more unnecessarily too. 

Anybody else thinking that the next 10 years of diesel ownership, will lead to dropping prices as the bulk of UK Drivers move away from diesel back to petrol or electric?  Less demand / same kinda supply... maybe be a few pence lower at all times than petrol until its end?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SB1500 said:

Karma got him back!  He has an i30N (and being a Hyundai, it's had nothing but trouble even though it's just a 2019). Going in for its second head light replacement (they're letting water in - design flaw) and they gave him a Ford Ka as a courtesy car!!!!  Cherry on the pie, for some reason, they've told him there's a £15 fee for it :') - so we're even 😉 lol

The difference between his experience with Hyundai and me with DS is unbelievable. He bought the car, ex-demo, mice had chewed all the engine foam and pipe covers... they did nothing about it. Headlights steaming up. Eventually they replaced them. Second time, now the local dealer is closed down, 50 mile drive for him, they wouldn't even accept photos as a diagnostic thing (Fiat dealer let me do this in the past for warranty issues to save a drive).  And yet, DS Automobiles took my car on the back of a lorry 70+ miles to the best bodyshop in the country, provided a '21 CLA 220 premium for two months and replaced my alloys / corrected the paint on the whole car!!!   Would never buy a Hyundai / Kia anyway, but with the dealer and UK office experiences he's having, wouldn't touch them with a ten foot barge pole!

Comes to those off brand car I always stay away from them .tbh I'm sure the wee ford would be a good drive. I tend to stick to reliable VW group cars or Toyota .I wanted a Toyota this time as tbh was stupid things going out on vw group cars as steering rack. Track rod ends more or less those things and tbh not much other bother from VW group cars but so I hear from Toyota that steering rack and track rod ends don't give much bother in the avensis 

• Like 1

On 3/3/2022 at 12:56 AM, 2009joe said:

The first is Burrows and the second is Snows Group - both Toyota dealers.

Toyota Direct Parts is Fish Bros - a Toyota dealer based in Swindon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

The first is Burrows and the second is Snows Group - both Toyota dealers.

Toyota Direct Parts is Fish Bros - a Toyota dealer based in Swindon.

One of the filters I got (engine air filter) is identical to the actual photo used by I think it was Snows group's Toyota page - even down to the sealed plastic clear bag with the 'dots' on it, and the sticker on the bag too. So I'm convinced what I got was genuine tbh

• Like 1