Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anyone ordered a PHEV when & when is it due

George Dodds

Hi. I ordered a Dynamic Premium PHEV 02/12/21 in Silver expected May 2022. 

Has anyone ordered a PHEV, when was it ordered and when is your expected delivery ? 

Just thought it would be useful to have info on other orders, many thanks. 

Surely you can get an idea of this from topics such as -

There are multiple threads on this topic which effectively show there are no 2 experiences alike so do not get too bogged down in other buyers experience. The factors affecting delivery times are constantly changing and yours will be what it will be. Go with whatever your dealer tells you, if quicker that is great, if not that is the way it is. Too many variables at play at the moment. All I would say is that to date the PHEV seems to come through quicker than the HEV but who knows if that might change? 

• Like 1

I agree with your advice, many thanks. Currently I don’t have much faith in my dealer although he may surprise me! (I seem to find out more info from this website then I inform him) 😂 I will study the comments on the link you sent me. Thanks again. 

1 hour ago, Flatcoat said:

There are multiple threads on this topic which effectively show there are no 2 experiences alike so do not get too bogged down in other buyers experience. The factors affecting delivery times are constantly changing and yours will be what it will be. Go with whatever your dealer tells you, if quicker that is great, if not that is the way it is. Too many variables at play at the moment. All I would say is that to date the PHEV seems to come through quicker than the HEV but who knows if that might change? 

I could not of put it better myself. So much anxiety waiting for delivery, it’s a wonder some haven’t had a heart attack.  It will be what it will be - no more, no less.

I sometimes think the more info you have, like the order tracking online or in the app, the more anticipation and the more stressful the wait. I'm not good at waiting, hence why when my local dealer said it would be April 2022, I shopped around to find what might be available sooner and made some compromises on what I originally looked at. I was lucky at that time and got a PHEV already well in the process and only had to wait 3 weeks. That was painful enough so I feel all your pain. In one respect it is just the way of things now, you just have to order 6-12 months before you want to replace then forget about it and enjoy your current car. Would be easier said than done for me though.

Further to above, I used to be quite happy to buy mail order and wait for it to arrive in the post in 1-2 weeks. Now I get mad when an item isn't available for same day day delivery on Amazon!

Important factors were in play when I changed my 4.4 HEV to my PHEV. 

1: it was in stock.

2: I would avoid the cost of 3rd year service, MOT, new rear pads & discs and new tyres in the not too distant future, and saved £200 excess on bumper repair I no longer needed to carry out.

3: Crazy p/ex price, price drop from Toyota and dealer discount on Dynamic.

If I needed to order, the whole dynamics (no pun intended) would have changed and I may well have stuck with the 4.4

I have only ever had to wait for two cars:

A 2007 plate 3 door Corsa 1.3 CDTI - I was in need of a frugal (60mpg) car at minimal cost and this did what it said on the tin!

And a 2018 Fabia DSG (the important bit) for my wife (but now a non-driver).

As we ran two cars at the time it wasn't difficult to wait. But running only one now (don't count my MGB as it's only high days and holidays) has changed how I view things.

3 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Surely you can get an idea of this from topics such as -

Ordered PHEV Dynamic Premium on 1st October now in Derby expected pick up 20th January. we did order a HEV dynamic with JBL Pan Roof and Tow bar on 4th July which arrived at dealer last week (assume they will run for a while and sell for more than list price)

Ordered a PHEV Dynamic 8/11/21. Myt app and dealer saying end of next month