Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris - multiple malfuntcions warning

Paulinjo

Hello to all. Newbie in here 😄

I own Auris 1.2 T 116hp from 2018. Last month my 3 year garancy finished and two days ago all of a sudden while driving suddenly appeared multiple malfunctions warning.

Namely: check precrash safety, slip indicator, engine malfunction and master warning (picture in attachment).

Turning on and off engine didn't solved the problem.

Then the next day I also had problem with bluetooth connectivity with my iPhone. I felt like my car is falling apart haha

Then I deleted all my paired phones on the car display, did the same with toyota account on my iPhone, restarted the connection and connected good.

And, as the problems with those 4 warnings appeared, they magically disappeared now with bluetooth successful connection. I mean Mod edit? haha

Not that I am complaining, I am happy but now I wonder if anyone in here encountered the same problem as mine?

Now I am contemplating as well wheter I should continule servicing my car at licensed toyota repair shop or should I go somewhere else. 

What are your thoughts on this?

Thx in advance

Cheers from Croatia.

IMG-1301.jpg

When was the car last serviced by a Toyota dealer?

1 hour ago, Paulinjo said:

This time, last year.

In this case you are most likely for another service and while doing so you may ask to get fault codes scanned and see what comes up, make a note of them and share with us please, it could be just low voltage 12v Battery that caused these lights to come on or other things but diagnostic is the first step. 👍

Good time to invest in a Toyota techstream cable.

It is a waste of time to guess what might be wrong, without reading the codes first.

Thx. I'll report back this week with those codes.

In the meantime, is it necessary to put this engine oil TGMO 0W20 AFE (from the offer I got from Toyota dealer) into car or will "any" engine oil do just fine?

Engine oil that meets Toyotas recommended standard is the one to use.

• Like 1

Toyota's preferred oil is 0W-20.

The joys of progress, throwing bunch of codes, for you to pay money to get it checked, only to be nothing.

Think about investing in Toyota Techstream cable, you can check the codes/delete yourself, and provides more info than regular diagnostic.

Rather cheap too, but requires a laptop to be used.

11 minutes ago, furtula said:

The joys of progress, throwing bunch of codes, for you to pay money to get it checked, only to be nothing.

Think about investing in Toyota Techstream cable, you can check the codes/delete yourself, and provides more info than regular diagnostic.

Rather cheap too, but requires a laptop to be used.

Can you link one of these cables and any software needed for it? Quite interested in investing in one myself

26 minutes ago, SB1500 said:

Can you link one of these cables and any software needed for it? Quite interested in investing in one myself

Just search for Toyota techstream on eBay and such sites. It's just an adapter cable that plugs into your laptop, and enables you to use Toyota's own diagnostic tool. Price was around 10-15 GBP when i got it, but i see it has went up since then.

They usually ship it with a disc with instructions.

Looks like this

image.png.420b83847391fb54cc80ef99217f0ea5.png

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links