Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Interior lights

Safcaw

3 hours ago, Catlover said:

I am racking my brain to think of a reason why I would want to adjust my mirrors whilst I am driving. Even with a change of driver, the adjustment would be made before starting to drive.    

Not while in motion, it is still a fumble in the dark, moving or not.  I always have difficulty in getting the correct window switch.

I think it is a seasonal thing.  In the summer I don't use the light switches and use of the wipers is infrequent too.  Come winter it's a whole new learning process.

They are "Plug & Play",

google them or look at something similar to these

https://www.aliexpress.com/i/4000744905589.html

but a couple of points to be aware of:

You need the RHD versions, or they may not work correctly.

You need the automatic (up/down) window switch version.

There are some postings here from 2 years ago somewhere.

I replaced all my window switches, and the mirror control switches for illuminated ones, easy job.

Keep safe

Paul

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hmm... so after 3 years of complaints Toyota are still selling the RAV4's with unlit window switches? 😲   I found that downright dangerous and it was the first (and only-) thing I changed, soon after I got it. See the above link (recommended), and make sure to order RHD or LHD according to your country.

Since this simple modification, my RAV4 changed from 99.9% to 100,0% perfectness! 👍

• Thanks 1

I said that about being dangerous, I'm going to change the switches too, I'm just wondering about the warranty.

As the car is full and brimming with tech, how come a simple thing like illumination of switches is missing.

20 minutes ago, Safcaw said:

I said that about being dangerous, I'm going to change the switches too, I'm just wondering about the warranty.

As the car is full and brimming with tech, how come a simple thing like illumination of switches is missing.

I am sure I read that 22MY cars do have illuminated switches….. 

27 minutes ago, Safcaw said:

I'm going to change the switches too, I'm just wondering about the warranty.

I did post previously that I thought the replacement parts wouldn't be covered by the new car warranty - probably just the 12 month parts warranty (provided they are Toyota parts).

1 minute ago, Flatcoat said:

I am sure I read that 22MY cars do have illuminated switches….. 

I wonder if Toyota would do the change.

2 minutes ago, ernieb said:

The ‘21 PHEV does have illuminated window switches.

Mine just has one of the switches illuminated .

1 minute ago, Safcaw said:

I wonder if Toyota would do the change.

Depends whether the dealer is interested in doing the work - need to ask and get a cost first before agreeing to to go ahead. Probably will be covered by the 12 month parts warranty rather than the new car warranty.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Depends whether the dealer is interested in doing the work - need to ask and get a cost first before agreeing to to go ahead. Probably will be covered by the 12 month parts warranty rather than the new car warranty.

Maybe if I get my pal who has his MOT garage to get the part for me to fit myself.

I wouldn't worry too much about the warranty. The switches I received look, work and feel exactly the same as the originals, they even have a Toyota part number on them and were probably made in one of the many factories where Toyota gets them from.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Thermal said:

I wouldn't worry too much about the warranty. The switches I received look, work and feel exactly the same as the originals, they even have a Toyota part number on them and were probably made in one of the many factories where Toyota gets them from.

Are they the ones that's in the link on the previous above posts.?

Yes, "Homie Autoparts Store". I could not tell the difference from the originals.

They work perfectly, and the LEDs are dim enough, that you don't notice they are lit during daytime.

2 hours ago, ernieb said:

The ‘21 PHEV does have illuminated window switches.

Haven’t been out in the dark in mine yet to notice! 

1 hour ago, ernieb said:

Here’s mine, difficult to take a photo but….

CFF3538D-23DF-4315-9159-CE3D852012F8.jpeg

That's exactly how they should be. I'll be following you're example ernie.

I wouldn't  worry about the warranty.. it only takes 5 minutes to change them all back again.

Interesting to know the price of the PHEV illuminated switches from Toyota, as opposed to the ones in my link, there were lots of suppliers at differing prices, I got the mirror switch set from a Japanese supplier to ensure it was RHD.

keep safe

Paul

• Thanks 1

To my way of thinking this is not a modification so I’d be surprised if the dealer could play the warranty invalidated unless it was directly attributable to the change the owner had made. Tens of thousands of owners fit additional equipment and there’s never an issue, dash cams and the like. I feel the benefit overrides the potential issue of warranty fumbling around in the dark trying find a window switch really needs to be addressed.

Agree.
If I get stuck in the dark I pull the sun blind down and the light next to the vanity mirror lights the dash. Blind easier to find then the central light switches in the dark. Begs the question does Toyota ever test their cars in the dark and thinking about it not many test drives occur at night.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Talshia said:

I wouldn't  worry about the warranty.. it only takes 5 minutes to change them all back again.

Interesting to know the price of the PHEV illuminated switches from Toyota, as opposed to the ones in my link, there were lots of suppliers at differing prices, I got the mirror switch set from a Japanese supplier to ensure it was RHD.

keep safe

Paul

That's a great point Paul, I'm guessing it's only a couple of wires to connect.

I've decided I'm writing to Toyota about this, I'm sure I won't be the only one to do so about this particular topic Thanks everybody for your contribution.

Allan.

14 hours ago, Safcaw said:

...I'm guessing it's only a couple of wires to connect.

It's a direct replacement. The driver's side is as easy as "old one out, new one in, fixed". The passenger door swiches take a bit longer, as they need to be extracted from the door trim panel itself. Not difficult, but takes some caution not to break the trim fitting.

BTW, in a previous post I was wondering if the original switches already had the LEDs in them and maybe only needed the adapter cable to light them up. That is not the case. I found my original switches today and they definitely have NO LEDs.  Sorry about that.

14 hours ago, Thermal said:

Valuable information Thermal... I'll get it sorted .

Thank you.

Allan

• 8 months later...

Hi All, I have a 2021 RAV Excel without the illuminated window switches. I've followed the link to Ali Express and Homies Stores, but all I can find after looking at these links and ebay/amazon etc is switch sets for LHD cars. Can anyone give me a link to a supplier of RHD switches please?

Cheers

Mark

Try sending them an email, for instructions on how to order the RHD style product.

Search for "Lighted window switches Toyota rav4 2019/2020" in the Homie Autoparts store.

In the header line of the Ali Express page, mouse over 'Homie Autoparts store' and a window pops up with a Contact button.

They respond quickly, in English, even when they are on the other side of the planet.