Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota BZ concepts

FROSTYBALLS

Picture posted by Toyota on Facebook:

Small crossover concept -

271296770_10158167238577633_4860124168774918433_n.jpg

• Like 1

Hmm, it's really hard to tell how big that is without any reference... looks a lot like the Aygo cross.

I'm still waiting for something <4m long with 300+mile range...

• Like 2

Toyota have bZ1X as a patent in Europe - if they can squeeze it in at around £20k then they will have a winner!

They have bZ1 through to bZ7 available, with and without the 'X' at the end. It will be interesting to see if they give cars of a similar size the same number - for example the bZ4X is the same size as the saloon that will be offered in America, will the saloon be bZ4 or bZ5?

Compact crossover concept (referred to in link as E-HR) -

TOYOTA COMPACT EV.jpg

Ugh really don't like the look of that one... bonnet is too high and the ratio between door and window height is too low. Proportions are all what I hate about SUVs and Crossovers.

So it'd probably sell like hot cakes!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Cyker said:

Ugh really don't like the look of that one... bonnet is too high and the ratio between door and window height is too low. Proportions are all what I hate about SUVs and Crossovers.

So it'd probably sell like hot cakes!

I’d have a deposit on one 👍🙂

• Haha 1

The bonnet line on the bigger car does look a bit high as Cyker says. I wonder if it’s just a concept car, and the actual nose height will be lowered to suit safety regulation ie pedestrian accidents, something in my mind if a car hits a pedestrian they should not be scooped under the car but onto the bonnet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Catlover said:

I wonder if it’s just a concept car

A clue is in the topic title ....

• Haha 3

An electric saloon concept.

TOYOTA SALOON EV.jpg

On 1/6/2022 at 6:42 PM, Cyker said:

I'm still waiting for something <4m long with 300+mile range...

Aren't we all - but we may be waiting quite a while ...

The other thing I read was that Toyota are targeting an efficiency of 5 miles / kWh which would mean that they would still require at least a 60kWh Battery to manage a 300 mile range. It seems a little optimistic to hope that would fit within a <4m 'compact' car ...

• Like 1

I have to admit that Im tempted to try another brand EV while waiting for Toyota to come up with their , probably verry good EVs

2 hours ago, philip42h said:

Aren't we all - but we may be waiting quite a while ...

The other thing I read was that Toyota are targeting an efficiency of 5 miles / kWh which would mean that they would still require at least a 60kWh battery to manage a 300 mile range. It seems a little optimistic to hope that would fit within a <4m 'compact' car ...

I read Toyota are working to reduce Battery size but retain the power.

It will come in time, that’s why I would jump to EV yet even if I could afford it which I can’t.

One neighbour just got a Niro hybrid and the other an eNiro.  We would have bought a Niro, first choice 2 years ago when changing from Mercedes, but they showed no interest in selling. 

• 3 weeks later...

EV crossover concept

TOYOTA CROSSOVER EV.jpg

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

The small SUV concept has turned up in the USA this week. Can’t link to Facebook post at the moment

B1BFD8FF-31DE-4A19-8A0B-C488B0D7112B.jpeg

• Like 1

^^ So that is the bZ3X (friend with insider info!), the interior will be toned down for launch!

Looking at the Prius presentation last week, this will be the 4th model.  So expect a production version this time next year....

On 11/20/2022 at 5:45 PM, swoop5511 said:

That is NOT the BZ3. That is a compact SUV like the CHR. The BZ3 is the sedan build in joint venture with BYD exclusive (for now) for the Chinese market

https://global.toyota/en/newsroom/toyota/38131700.html

You are correct, it's not the bZ3 but it is the bZ3X!

The worldwide bZ3 will launch late next year with and will be available first quarter of 2024.

• Like 1

Having had a test drive in the bZ4X I loved it but it’s way to big for our needs , currently C-HR . I asked the salesman to pencil my name on a  bZ3X C-HRX or whatever it’s called , if it looks like the car they showed in the US I’m in 👍. Must say the bZ4X felt very well sorted , everything worked well and was very pleased with everything.  The bZ4X just passed the “garage test “ the smaller car should be fine 😎

75981006-399B-4984-9CA7-87D12E842F19.jpeg

1FF3145E-3274-4C20-BFCE-2D35AA9097CF.jpeg

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

Looks good in white and with the smaller wheels 🛞👌

TBH in the flesh it looks huge , I much preferred the look of the metallic grey premiere edition they have in the showroom at JRT Hull , it also hides the plastic bits quite well 

48 minutes ago, AndyRC said:

TBH in the flesh it looks huge , I much preferred the look of the metallic grey premiere edition they have in the showroom at JRT Hull , it also hides the plastic bits quite well 

And how do you find the dashboard instrument cluster, can you easily see speed and other info without steering wheel obscures the view? I personally do not like that type of high position of the screen, much prefer Corolla with its classic design of the dashboard. 

12 hours ago, AndyRC said:

I asked the salesman to pencil my name on a  bZ3X C-HRX or whatever it’s called , if it looks like the car they showed in the US I’m in 👍

All should be revealed next week....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

And how do you find the dashboard instrument cluster, can you easily see speed and other info without steering wheel obscures the view? I personally do not like that type of high position of the screen, much prefer Corolla with its classic design of the dashboard. 

The dash display was probably the most disappointing aspect , looks very “basic” , can’t see why Toyota , and other manufacturers, can’t come up with something more visually appealing. I managed to get a decent view but it’s obvious that it’s been design for the “yoke” which I’m looking forward to seeing in due course 👍

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links