Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Spare Auris Key

redrobbo

Good evening ,

I only got 1 key with my car when I bought it and must get a spare organised , I don't need a remote one , is anyone able to give me advice on how to get 1 at a reasonable price ?   

TIA

So i presume it's a normal key, not a contactless?

11 hours ago, redrobbo said:

Good evening ,

I only got 1 key with my car when I bought it and must get a spare organised , I don't need a remote one , is anyone able to give me advice on how to get 1 at a reasonable price ?   

TIA

Hi redrobbo,

I lost one of my contactless keys a few months ago. The insurance agreed to pay £300 towards my bill only if I change the whole lock with completely new keys, and provide a receipt to them.

I used Car Keys Solutions. To have new lock and two new keys, it cost me £430, with them coming to my location. It might be cheaper if you go to their location.

They were good to me. They were fast and offered me a great service.

In comparison, Toyota was charging me double the price.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, redrobbo said:

Good evening ,

TIA

I would advise getting second key that has all the function of the key you have! There are plenty of reasons why, and I have experienced some of them. My Avensis came with 3 keys - 2 with the remote buttons, plus the valet key. Same with my previous Toyota 2 + 1. If the remote operation is not working properly, a decent locksmith could find out why and get all the keys working properly.

• Like 1

On 1/6/2022 at 7:53 PM, furtula said:

So i presume it's a normal key, not a contactless?

Yes regular bladed key (2007) .

It would be good to also have the remote done, as suggested above.

You can go to any local place that does this, i saw Timpsons and Halfords being mentioned most often in similar topics

• Like 2