Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota to reveal GT3 Racer and uprated Yaris GR concepts

FROSTYBALLS

Highly likely to be Japan only & very limited numbers, if it happens. 

The ironic thing is that there is an outstanding order list as long as your arm that Toyota aren't able to fulfil at the moment due to various reasons and then they are creating this. Cars that were supposed to be delivered now were pushed back to May 2022, and then pushed back again to October 2022, and these are cars that were ordered prior to June 2021 when the order books closed. 

Most manufactures complete their orders, then do a end of line special, but not in this case! I am just glad that I got mine when I did.

50 minutes ago, Silver Yaris said:

Most manufactures complete their orders, then do a end of line special

Currently concepts not end of line specials. Also in today's climate with semiconductor shortages, etc long delivery times are the norm.

I wonder if this means they will be extending the run of the GR4? I think it was originally going to be a run of something like 20k made purely for homologation purposes, then no more, but they absolutely did not expect it would be in such high demand so maybe they'll extend the run and make more...? The problem is if they sell too many it hurts their total CO2 output, opening them up to EU fines, whereas up 'til now they've been one of a few companies who've been under the cutoff due to the hybrids.

GR is a full production car now as Toyota pulled the car from WRC as new rules means the rally cars have to be hybrid, GR allocation is sold out till late 2023

tbh the GRMN is a much rarer car

The concept uses the same engine but with a hydrogen based hybrid system

1 hour ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Also in today's climate with semiconductor shortages, etc long delivery times are the norm.

Unfortunately for many eager wannabe owners this wasn't the case when their orders were placed. Everyone knew that there was an 8-9 month wait, but when that turns in to 18 months +, then it's going to be frustrating, but definitely worth waiting for IMO 👍

1 hour ago, flash22 said:

GR is a full production car now as Toyota pulled the car from WRC as new rules means the rally cars have to be hybrid, GR allocation is sold out till late 2023

tbh the GRMN is a much rarer car

The concept uses the same engine but with a hydrogen based hybrid system

That's good... I think originally they were only going to make the minimum number for homologation as they didn't think it would sell well, esp. after the lukewarm sales of the GRMN, and were massively caught out when people went absolutely mad for the GR4 :laugh: 

I'm still not sure they even understand why the GR4 is so much popular than the GRMN even tho' it's obvious to us! :laugh: 

Definitely a future classic. Suspect their value will only go up, esp. as we approach the 2030 cutoff!

I just hope they aren't expecting lightning to strike twice with the other GR vehicles they are putting out (I mean come on, a GR Hilux?!) because I think they will be disappointed...

I am curious if they make the GR Yaris H tho' - It'll be a massive PITA to live with given the lack of hydrogen stations, and the range will be awful, but in theory it should be even more powerful since they can turn the turbo boost right up!