Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Electric window fault on 2005 rav 4

mcduff

Good morning everyone

I have just bought an old 2005 rav4  3 door as a cheap runner for my work. The problem i have is that the driver window works fine going down.but when trying to put it up. it goes all the way to the top then returns back to half open. if you tap the switch several times it goes up bit by bit till its fully closed. Not a major problem but it is a pain in the neck.  also the passenger window will not work at all. I will have a look at that this morning but i presume its the switch. anyone got any ideas.

Thanks

Iain

This is probably an age-related fault in the window regulator (the assembly which moves the window).  You could disassemble and look for something obvious, or just fit another.  There's a new one on EBay for £59.90.  Used are about half that.  Considering the work to fit, I'd go for new.

1 hour ago, mcduff said:

it goes all the way to the top then returns back to half open

That sounds like an anti-trap mechanism activating ... ? I don't know whether such was fitted to a 2005 RAV4 but it's a thought ...

1 hour ago, mcduff said:

Good morning everyone

I have just bought an old 2005 rav4  3 door as a cheap runner for my work. The problem i have is that the driver window works fine going down.but when trying to put it up. it goes all the way to the top then returns back to half open. if you tap the switch several times it goes up bit by bit till its fully closed. Not a major problem but it is a pain in the neck.  also the passenger window will not work at all. I will have a look at that this morning but i presume its the switch. anyone got any ideas.

Thanks

Iain

12 minutes ago, philip42h said:

That sounds like an anti-trap mechanism activating ... ? I don't know whether such was fitted to a 2005 RAV4 but it's a thought ...

I have no idea what i have done but, tried the reset several times with no luck had the switches both out. Then i decided to try and get new switches . Thought give it one more try and for some reason everything working fine now. must have been a gremlin. Thanks for your thoughts i think you are on the right track. Just have to wait and see if it happens again. 

Cheers 

Iain

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links