Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris t sport ph2 exhaust sensor differences, please help

xav

Thanks for the reply flash I agree about the manifold, I'm looking for a long 4 pin lambda extension?( But hard to find) so at least I can hook up the air/ fuel ratio pre cat sensor in order to drive it without using loads of fuel.

*I'll need to do this before going to get a quote from powerflow for getting a cat put back on it again. I guess I could ask for the pre cat sensor to be put back to where it should be in the original manifold too? But 1st Will all depend if I can find an extension for the pre cat? found honda ones that look very similar don't know if that would work? Any ideas with that? 

Appreciate any help thank you 

The non direct fit sensors don't have a plug but come with a 750mm cable

(Denso DOX 0119)

(Denso DOX 0109)

Thankyou flash I'd forgotten about those have ordered a DOX 0119 

Hoping I can just use original plug from old sensor attaching via connectors to the new one via colour coding wires as they are both denso lambda sensors 

While I wait for this part going to take rear light clusters off give good clean up around seals and bodywork  to fix leaky boot? is not much getting in but sure its from the lights worth a try 

Looks like a Mk1 manifold - my old yaris had a similar one.  I had the replace the cat on mine (it was stolen) and replaced it from the manifold to the centre box.  iirc it was around £110 for a tyoe approved cat, plus fitting bolts and new ring gasket.  Then a pipe joining piece for about £10 and some flexible exhaust seal.  I'll try and dig some pics out for you.

Hardest part was getting the two manifold downpipe bolts off!

This car has a cat-back exhaust what has a flange up front - pipe size unknown it also has a flexy in the front pipe, this car has been messed with a lot, so who knows without getting under the car in person

i did post a link to a cat section, but stock is very hit-and-miss atm

18 hours ago, corradovr6 said:

Looks like a Mk1 manifold - my old yaris had a similar one.  I had the replace the cat on mine (it was stolen) and replaced it from the manifold to the centre box.  iirc it was around £110 for a tyoe approved cat, plus fitting bolts and new ring gasket.  Then a pipe joining piece for about £10 and some flexible exhaust seal.  I'll try and dig some pics out for you.

Hardest part was getting the two manifold downpipe bolts off!

Thankyou for the information, I think you could be right about the manifold because a ph2 should have a pre cat sensor hole, I cannot see one and even feeling the manifold by hand I have by hand I cannot feel any signs any welds. So when you had your cat put back in with the straight section you then had 3 sects making the whole exhaust system? (this is what I have manifold, decat section to then what would be cat back if it was present on the car) 

Yes please pictures would be great I can then compare to what I have 

Many thanks for your input 

Thanks for all the help flash, I'm currently waiting on the denso pre cat sensor from autodoc have been thinking maybe it's best to buy a correct used ph2 manifold with genuine manifold gasket for around £50. You think that's a good idea? or let powerflow put a sensor hole in new cat section instead? 

Then I need to take the car down to powerflow to get quote on the sport cat section  (fingers crossed won't be to much) 

*Also found I have yet another problem! all of a sudden with this wet weather got loads of condensation in both font lights opened bonnet to see that there aren't dust covers fitted so hoping that's where it's come from? will try dry lights out and fit the large round seals when I have them 

Also having bit of nightmare with royal mail still haven't received my post cat sensor been like 10 days now so if that's got lost or something? I'll then need to get that from autodoc aswell 

stock sensor location are in the pipe if you want a cheaper exhaust solution fit a replacement cat section. cut the flange off the middle part and use a coupler/reducer as above, what i can find is out of stock for the 03 onwards cars OEM - 17410-21620

edit. i did find a walker cat but at £350, also looking at parts lists the decat pipe you have looks to be a diesel front pipe with flexi that's been modified

Thanks yes I can see from picture of manifold that stock pre cat one is exactly in same place as parts diagram you said to look at. On my car Because there's a flange just in front that flexi joining to mainifold  and anonther flange joing to where the cat back ends the other end? the actual pipe needed with a cat isn't very long at all really maybe 75 - 80 cm length most of pipe total? Because it's flanged either end should be quite easy for powerflow to make up the length with cat inbetween but if I keep manifold thats on the car they will either need to put a hole very close to manifold flange on new pipe so it's not far from stock or I change manifold for a proper ph2.( think it's better to do that than run such a long pre cat wire under car) It'll all depend how much I'm quoted it's not a huge job by any means? 

Cable length is not that critical, leave the manifold as is, they can bend pipe work to suit what ever cat they use, the petrol doesn't use a flex joint so the angles are different if they use a swept bend the can put the cat where it needs to be £80-150 in parts the rest will be labour

where abouts are you located ?

I agree flash and no I know the flexi shouldn't be there at all, in sunny Norfolk so powerflow norwich is closest exhaust place to me 

The exhaust manifold has a donut gasket.  This allows the downpipe to move slightly without breaking the seal.

Here are some pics of my replacement - you can see where the pipe was cut.  

Sorry, i didnt take any pictures of the gasket - this and the new spring-loaded mounting bolts are in the packet next to the new cat

20210703_183503_resized.jpg

20210703_183512_resized.jpg

20210703_183515_resized.jpg

20210701_200921_resized.jpg

20210701_200933_resized.jpg

20210703_171457_resized.jpg

20210703_171511_resized.jpg

20210703_171610_resized.jpg

Most of the time was spent removing the two spring loaded bolts - i was afraid of cracking the manifold somewhere, so had to use lots of freeze spray, wd40, atf and a few other snake oils.  Impact driver also helped but i was still cautious on using it.  The other job was grinding the pipe section square as there wasnt much room for the angle grinder

Thankyou for the pictures nice looking job and a good fix, in total I'd say is the exact same length as what I need replacing between the manifold and existing cat back. Has given me hope now that it's not going to cost too much to get fixed just waiting on new lambda sensors to come and I'll be taking it for a quote 

Where did you get your cat from by the way? 

Much appreciated 

Thanks again for the link just tried it and I guess because mines a 04 ph2 with a pre and post cat sensors it says not compatible ?

Plus I have no idea what diameter the pipe is on my car since nothing is standard but it shouldn't be to far different? 

I think that one could work on my car if I had another post cat hole put in for the 2nd lambda? 

Unfortunately very little out there for my car but it's definatley an option now if powerflow gives me a huge quote then this one you used is the route I'll be going it'll just need modifying it to work on mine? 

Has your fixed worked out fine no engine lights? 

Thankyou for the help has given me hope 

yes no issues at all.  Sounded exactly the same as before.  

I believe the Ph2 cat is part of the exhaust manifold instead of under the car, but could be mistaken.

Its actually a very easy job, just needs a lot of patience if you're doing it on the driveway.

That's really good, no the cat is in same place as what you have replaced on yours but the ph2 has 2 lambda sensors one originally in manifold and one just after the cat but to me flange to manifold is the same as is the rest of the exhaust so I do think the same pipe you have used would work to fix my one? I'd just need another lambda sensor hole putting in the pipe after the cat. 

Is the cat section you bought stainless or normal steel? sorry I forgot to ask and was the manifold gasket included with the cat pipe? 

Thanks is very helpful just desperate to get this little car back on the road 

Actually looking closely at your new cat you are also running pre and post cat lambdas? 

So I can't actually see why this pipe wouldn't work on my car 

My car isn't running the stock ph2 manifold, like you said in the first post it's probably a ph1 like yours? pipe looks to be the same diameter flange is the same only thing I would have to do is remove flange cat back side on like you have? or weld flange to the other cat pipe so both ends are bolted in? 

This could well be the most cost effective way to fix my car 

First I'll see how much is wanted by poweflow if not I'm doing the Same as you 

Thankyou corradvr6 your posts and pictures have really helped me to understand what has been done to my car 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links