Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Will Toyota drop the logo from the rear of their cars?

FROSTYBALLS

Lexus are dropping their logo from the rear of their cars, and displaying the full name instead.

So will Toyota follow suit?

They are already removing hybrid badges from their cars.

I only have the symbol and "Corolla" name thats all.

Roger

Could you say it’s way of cutting costs or to make the car design more appealing. To be fair I would rather keep the Badge than the name 

I hope not.  I understand Lexus must keep up and try to wow or exceed customers with tighter expectations in things such as looks so I think it’s fine that they are doing this.  

But Toyota, the main brand, I think Toyota buyers value the Badge and logo more than most. It tends to mean a lot more with Toyota than other brands such as the quality and practicality. And it has historical value as a long standing brand. Lexus is relatively new. 

If they replace it with the old-style TOYOTA that they used to use instead of the logo I wouldn't complain :laugh: 

I just hope they don't change the logo to something stupid...

I had hardly heard of Lexus, sounded like luxurious but I didn't know it was either Toyota or Japanese. 

If you have a brand and well known name, why change it?  Must admit RAV means nothing to me whereas Honest John brought Yaris to my notice. 

I recall when the Lexus brand was launched in the UK. In Warrington where I lived they shared a showroom with Toyota, there was 1 Lexus and 3 Toyota cars on show inside, and there was a temorary division between the Lexus and the Toyota. They obviously wanted Lexus to be separate from Lexus, which came in time.

56 minutes ago, Roy124 said:

If you have a brand and well known name, why change it? 

Lexus are not changing the brand or their name - just the way the car is identified from the rear - and the question was whether Toyota (as Lexus is their premium brand) would do something similar.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links