Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How do I take off the roof bars ??

Afxmex

Hi Guys,

I bought an Avensis 2014 icon estate last week, and it came with some genuine Toyota roof Bars... result! 

only problem is i can't see how to take them off. would any one have the instructions? i found the part number. Also will I have to plug the holes once removed? I'm keen to keep them and they will get some use, but they whistle a bit and I'm looking to save fuel if possible. Can any one help ? 

TIA 

part number PZ403-T6611-GA 

IMG_3256.jpeg

IMG_3257 2.jpeg

Not exactly bu very similar to my Thule ones.

Whats in the resessed hole? is it a lock, I assume you have a key? Mine have a lock there and the side of the foot comes off.

Once off you then undo the nuts holding the feet to the roof, lift the bars off.
Then you and undo the bolt studs, if they have been on a while you might have some galvanic corrosion.

The black plates come off, but, here is the kicker, the rails will have big holes unless your car came with the vanity plates to go back on.

I thought the hole might have something to do with it.. but can’t see a key or something to take a tool. 
it might be a cover plate, in the kit from Toyota it just comes with an Alen key. 

Look here,

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Toyota-Avensis-Roof-Rack-For-5-Door-Estate-Travel-Touring-PZ403-T6611-GA-/221654859868?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0ttps

You will need the plastic keys that open the plastic covers plus the hole covers.

Don't leave the holes open to the elements as these will corrode due to poor plating in the 2009 to 2011 models.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes that’s the part I need its a montblanc key number 82 ..  it can I find one! … not easily 

• 1 month later...

After a lot of dead ends I managed to get a response from mont blanc customer service. Stamped on the circular detail on the roof bars is the number “82” and managed to buy key 82 for 6 euro, from them including shipping. Needed a friend with an IBAN no. To do it! 
 Took the bars off yesterday and got some cover caps for a breakers yard. 
3 months later … done 👍

Well done, I admire your persistence and it is always great to hear a success story.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links