Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

The 400,000 mile Avensis .....

FROSTYBALLS

That’s amazing. I love the looks of the estate and in that colour it looks really good.

• Like 1

Impressive numbers and only the dpf been replaced half way through., still on its original clutch and engine. Love these high mileage performers.👌👍 I seen one on Facebook at 445030 but completely destroyed although still running looks nothing like this, this is like new. 

Good maintenance is key. Although the major mechanicals are original, the owner will have spent a considerable amount on servicing and minor repairs.

• Like 1

A taxi driver keeps a roof over his head by keeping his car wheels turning, this chap has done just that.

Years ago I bought a Pugeot 405 estate diesel with circa 350,000 miles from a private hire chap doing mostly airport runs. I got all the paperwork going back the years. Anything it needed was done as soon as possible. Ir was a good runner.  The Gen 3 Prius I bought, 59 plate, was from a private hire guy in Liverpool, again paper records galore. That one was low on miles, 105k when I got it, traded in 6 months later with 110k, to get my current gen 4 Prius.

• Like 2

True, two major factors are playing the role for a trouble free high mileages: 

1. Easy on the gas 

2. Proper maintenance on time 

Many if not all makes and models can do high miles but the question is how much those high miles really cost to you, what have you changed during this period of time, any big repair bills, engine or transmission swaps ( Battery in hybrids and bev). All that has to be considered when we are talking about longevity and high miles. Recently I have seen articles about Tesla model S with similar mileage, however they had replaced Battery and drive train at some point around 250k miles which if out of warranty will be a huge bill to pay. 
My car has only covered 197000 miles of which 137000 done since September 2018, was a low mileage car previously, to date I had only changed full set of brakes twice because of rust issues, and all wheel bearings because of the same reason, other than that only oil and filters, transmission fluid few times and spark plugs few times + Wiper Blades and lots of bulbs😉, I am a night driver. Only two minor break downs during this period, one was premature failure of the speed sensor on one of the rear bearings, the second was “hybrid system malfunction “ , both incidents did not left me stranded and I was able to finish my journeys. Tyres last a good amount of time too 100k miles + on one set winter and one set summer rubber  🏁🚙👌

• Like 2

5 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

plus its the dreaded 2.2 engine also i heard those were not reliable at all either i for sure thought to was going to be a 2.0 1adftv engine 

• Haha 1

My 1cd-ftv is coming up to 250000 miles and it feels like it. 

Mind you, I am to blame. I haven't really done the maintenance and I do like to make progress on my journeys. 

It has also been an absolute work horse.

Yeah the 1CD has a much better reputation than the AD-series for reliability, as long as it gets regular oil changes and the belt is replaced on schedule. The only common fault I know for that engine is older starter motors not working properly when the engine is hot.

2 hours ago, Cyker said:

Yeah the 1CD has a much better reputation than the AD-series for reliability, as long as it gets regular oil changes and the belt is replaced on schedule. The only common fault I know for that engine is older starter motors not working properly when the engine is hot.

funny i heard the other saying that you will have more bother with the 2.2 engines .injectors bother and other things .they sayed the 2.0 1ad is a better engine .even on those toyota engine reviews they said the 2.0 1adftv is more reliable engine 

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links