Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My first car and some questions about it (I am noob about cars so 😂)

Torbjorn

Hello there Toyota owners I have some questions about my brand new (and fist) car! I bought an Aygo 2020 xplay xshift so my first question is about the xshift thing .. I find it pretty good but do I need to change it to N on traffic lights? And the other one is so I need the My t app ? It is useful for aygo or not? (If anyone have tips for driving or the car in general I would appreciate them!!) thank you all and sorry if you got tired reading it😂

If I am not mistaken , the MyT app doesn't work with the Aygo. Others will probably confirm or disagree.

Should you change to N.
Yes .. otherwise you would drive like a manual geared car left in gear, with the pedal a bit up, so it shakes ..

and wears out the clutch.
You do want to save your clutch as much as possible, so if I were you, I would also learn to lift the accelerator

a bit every time the MMT robotised gearbox shifts.

This is just my opinion. I have a normal Aygo. Not an MMT.

• Thanks 1

The MyT app certainly does work on my March 2021 Aygo x-clusiv

The functionality is rather limited compared to other models but it does track and analyse journeys, can Find My Car and a few other things.

I think the services are available free for 3 years.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, haelewyn said:

Should you change to N.
Yes .. otherwise you would drive like a manual geared car left in gear, with the pedal a bit up, so it shakes .. and wears out the clutch.

You do want to save your clutch as much as possible, so if I were you, I would also learn to lift the accelerator a bit every time the MMT robotised gearbox shifts.

I agree, I always change to N in my 2020 MMT x-clusiv when a stop is more than a few seconds, as an ex Police pursuit driver said to me "when a pause becomes a wait".

I always drive in M mode and use the paddles to change gear as I find that in E mode the gear changes always seem to be at the wrong time.

Lifting the accelerator slightly when changing gear certainly makes for a smoother shift.

BTW I do like the automatic throttle blips when changing down 😀

13 hours ago, martswain said:

The MyT app certainly does work on my March 2021 Aygo x-clusiv

... and it works on my 2020 x-clusiv too.

IMHO it's a bit too keen to comment that you have accelerated or braked too hard, but I find it useful and the automatic texting of a contact in the event of an accident is definitely a nice to have.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links