Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Space Saver size for 19 inch wheels 2022 RAV4

Firecycle

Hi Folks, I am due to collect my new RAV4 Excel on March 1st, however as I have the Premium Pack and therefore the pan roof it wont come with a space saver spare. I have seen several kits on line, for example the road hero kit. My question is I will have 19 inch wheels fitted as standard so what size space saver would I require? I have looked on the internet and can find little information.

Many Thanks

Gary

You may be able to find the size of wheel Toyota is fitting on the 2022 check with your dealer.

Or failing that it will be the same as the PHEV as the wheels will now be the same size, and there are a few on here that have bought a space saver.

You don't get a spare now with an Excel whether you have a Pano roof or not.

1 hour ago, Sealiedog said:

You don't get a spare now with an Excel whether you have a Pano roof or not.

You do get a spare but not with the sun roof, this can be seen if you go to the on line configurator.

Spare.thumb.jpg.43b1106ecd83a5affafbac0562a15426.jpg

2 hours ago, ernieb said:

This is what I bought and fitted I did a post with some pictures, mines for the PHEV but is the same size as your new RAV.

https://www.carnoisseur.com/products/details/road-hero-spare-wheel-kit-to-fit-toyota-rav4-rh093-1

Thanks Ernie, I will order one when my RAV arrives

Has anyone checked the jack supplied with these kits will lift the car sufficiently.The scissor jack for the RAV4.5 has an ‘extension’ compared with the 4.4 jack. I managed to get a jack from a breakers yard on eBay.

97053582-AF3D-496D-8235-013E08513BE4.jpeg

If you can get the site Ernie has said to see if they will fit a different size (155/90R18) tyre it will be a better fit.

Snap4.thumb.jpg.b837e470f5d4b197fd877e0a332407fd.jpgSnap5.thumb.jpg.f07a04d04e270772573aa7fa7d8cc2a6.jpg

I bought this Gary when I ordered a RAV4 Excel a few months ago. 

https://tyremen.co.uk/product/18-toyota-rav4-2019-2021-space-saver-spare-wheel-kit/

Changed my mind , cancelled the car order and bought a Highlander instead .

spare tyre unused and in the shed ; yours for free if you are prepared to collect from East Yorkshire 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Giagia13 said:

https://tyremen.co.uk/product/18-toyota-rav4-2019-2021-space-saver-spare-wheel-kit/

spare tyre unused and in the shed ; yours for free if you are prepared to collect from East Yorkshire 

Many thanks for that I would love to collect it, I'm just over the other side of the Humber

• 1 year later...
On 1/11/2022 at 9:16 AM, Giagia13 said:

Good evening,

The space saver spare wheel, you still got it ? If so, i’m coming tomorrow to collect. Just bought a RAV4 Excel and came with that kit which is more not helpfull then helpfull.. Please let me known as i’m living in Milton Keynes. Thank you

Octavian

Has anyone tried these on a PHEV ?   I see the last one shown says it is for the PHEV 2020-2021 ?? Has it actually changed since then ?

I will happily buy the Carnoisseur or Road Hero one (seem to be exactly the same) if someone can say they do actually fit and the jack works ?  

35 minutes ago, SO8 said:

Has anyone tried these on a PHEV ?   I see the last one shown says it is for the PHEV 2020-2021 ?? Has it actually changed since then ?

I will happily buy the Carnoisseur or Road Hero one (seem to be exactly the same) if someone can say they do actually fit and the jack works ?  

That's exactly what ernie has on his PHEV - he's even provided photographic evidence in the past ... 😉

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SO8 said:

This is what I bought

https://www.carnoisseur.com/products/details/road-hero-spare-wheel-kit-to-fit-toyota-rav4-rh093-1

Yes it does fit and comes with its own custom wheel nuts

PXL_20220709_133326943.thumb.jpg.103e93dc21b073107f36bbd37ded86c4.jpg

• Like 1

Excellent, thanks people.  When my PHEV arrives (I hope this week or next) I will order one.

8 minutes ago, SO8 said:

I take it the screw down bit is a genuine Toyota one ?

If you want the parts for the Rav4 2022 here is the parts list,

image.jpeg.caede235aa723982c00542ec8d2f713a.jpeg

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

I have order a Suzuki Across PHEV it comes with the biggest ugliest space saver I have ever seen plus a wheel brace and jack.

18 minutes ago, Oscarmax said:

I have order a Suzuki Across PHEV it comes with the biggest ugliest space saver I have ever seen plus a wheel brace and jack.

It's just there to do a job so I doubt looks were a consideration.

Here is a picture of the RAV4 space saver. It is slightly larger then the alloys on the car.

Wheel1.JPG