Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best tires for Toyota Yaris Hybrid (2016)

Roble

Hi all,

I have to change 2 tires 175/65/R15 84H of my Toyota Yaris Hybrid (2016), and I am thinking about the following options:

- Firestone Roadhawk € 150

- BF Goodrich Advantage € 150

- Hankook Kinergy K425 € 150

- Falken Sn110 € 150

- Bridgestone Turanza T005 € 165

- Bridgestone Ecopia EP25 € 165

- Dunlop Blueresponse 180€

- Continental ContiPremiumContact 2 185€

What do you think is the best tire for the Yaris?

Thank you very much in advance!!

Regards,

Roble

In the UK, one auto magazine regularly tests tyres - the latest test being: 

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/features/91856/tyre-reviews-best-car-tyres-buy-now-2021/tyre-test-2021-results-category

Depends what you want from tyres really and what priorities you have - eg. economy, road holding, quietness, etc.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Roble said:

Hi all,

I have to change 2 tires 175/65/R15 84H of my Toyota Yaris Hybrid (2016), and I am thinking about the following options:

- Falken Sn110 € 150

Regards,

Roble

What do you have on currently and how much tread left on the ones you are keeping ?

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, john p williams said:

how much tread left on the ones you are keeping ?

The OP isn't in the UK (Spain?) so legal requirements may differ.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

In the UK, one auto magazine regularly tests tyres - the latest test being: 

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/features/91856/tyre-reviews-best-car-tyres-buy-now-2021/tyre-test-2021-results-category

Depends what you want from tyres really and what priorities you have - eg. economy, road holding, quietness, etc.

Thanks for yout quick response Frostyballs, I'm looking for a balance between all the attributes. I usually drive calm so I am not going to demand too much from a tire.

9 minutes ago, john p williams said:

What do you have on currently and how much tread left on the ones you are keeping ?

Thanks for your answer john, I am currently wearing Dunlop FastResponse and the tires will have about 30,000km and should already be changed.

• Like 1

Depends what you want out of them but personally out of all of those, the Continentals, maybe the Dunlops.

I had some PremiumContact 2E's on my Yaris Mk1 and they were really good.

If you can get some Hankook Ventus Prime 3's, those are good, but the Kinergys are very much 'eco' tyres and I've been finding them quite understeery and slippery compared to the Ventus Primes.

Other tyres I've used that I thought were good for the money are the Dunlop Street Response 2 and Goodyear Efficientgrip Compact.

Michelin Primacys are usually highly rated but also expensive.

TyreReviews.com is worth a visit to get user reviews on tyres, and also look at some of the videos the slightly obsessed site owner has made :laugh: 

• Thanks 1

On 1/10/2022 at 11:30 PM, Cyker said:

TyreReviews.com is worth a visit to get user reviews on tyres, and also look at some of the videos the slightly obsessed site owner has made

If buying online, you might check with one of the fitters that work with online suppliers.

The fellow I use for fitting new tyres has proved to be reliable. Otherwise, if you don’t drive on the limit I see the tyre choice coming down to how much you are willing to pay, and if your requirement is fuel economy or grip. 

I chose what the tyre suppliers call high quality tyres over premium tyres when I needed to change summer tyres.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Roble said:

Hi all,

- Falken Sn110 € 150

Regards,

Roble

Hi, it will depend of what tyres has your car currently when you buy only two tyres just buy the same make and model as the one that stays on the car so you have all 4 corners same rubber. Mixing tyres is no ideal and can cause some issues afterwards, like instability, noise, lost of comfort etc, same as if you are walking with two different shoes. If you are not happy with the tyres currently you have best to get them all 4 replaced. From all above Hankook kinergy k425 are good choice as value for money plus they might be even better than more expensive ones. 👍

• Thanks 1

As long as you put the two new tyres on the same axle, there will be no issues. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’ve used Hancook a lot over the years and have always found them satisfactory.

• Thanks 1

Yeah, they (Hankook)  aren't top tier but they are surprisingly good for the money; Near-premium quality for mid-tier prices.

I do like Continentals and Michelins but unless I happen to need new tyres right when they are doing a special offer they're usually just too expensive, like double what I want to be paying! Dunlop and Goodyear also make good rubber but their prices have been creeping up, and Hankook have snuck into the niche they've left. I'm not getting on so well with the Kinergy Eco2's (They really suck in the wet and cold - It's so easy to wheel-spin them or trigger the ABS!), but the Ventus Prime 3s I had on the Mk2 Yaris were much better tyres.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Cyker said:

Yeah, they (Hankook)  aren't top tier but they are surprisingly good for the money; Near-premium quality for mid-tier prices.

I do like Continentals and Michelins but unless I happen to need new tyres right when they are doing a special offer they're usually just too expensive, like double what I want to be paying! Dunlop and Goodyear also make good rubber but their prices have been creeping up, and Hankook have snuck into the niche they've left. I'm not getting on so well with the Kinergy Eco2's (They really suck in the wet and cold - It's so easy to wheel-spin them or trigger the ABS!), but the Ventus Prime 3s I had on the Mk2 Yaris were much better tyres.

Usually tyres that has a word “eco or saving” and energy “on them to be taken with extra precaution in bad weather and avoid spirited driving, here an example: 👍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thank you all very much for your help. Reading your comments I think I will go for the Bridgestone Turanza T005 tyres as they are not from the "eco" family and I don't want to have problems when the road is wet and I think they could be called "premium" tyres.

Thank you very much again!!

• Like 4