Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Service Indicator

Yugguy1970

Howdo.

So I know the RAV has a service indicator light but the Yaris also tells us miles to service.  Is there any intelligence to the RAV service indicator or is it just 12m/10k whichever is first?

Does it? I didn't / don't know that ... 😉

For me it has always been 12 months or 10,000 miles whichever comes first.

Yes when we put the Yaris in Ready it shows a miles to service briefly then changes to the odometer

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Yugguy1970 said:

Yes when we put the Yaris in Ready it shows a miles to service briefly then changes to the odometer

It may even be smart enough to countdown to the day when you have to service, if you do less than 10k miles/year. My Peugeot did that, about a month from the last service date it would countdown by 100km per day, regardless of how many km remained on the service interval (20k pa with the Pjoe).

55 minutes ago, Yugguy1970 said:

No, yes, but ... I can't find any reference to a "service indicator" in the owner's manual for the RAV so, unless you can show me otherwise (which is quite possible), I don't believe it has one ... 😉

Poke the trip counter thing and see if it displays it - On mine it cycles between Trip A, Trip B, Odo and Oil Service miles countdown

No oil service on mine - just A, B & Odometer.

Hi,

Your service reminder is on the app. It give a countdown as to when your car is due for a service.

Koush

1 hour ago, Koush said:

Hi,

Your service reminder is on the app. It give a countdown as to when your car is due for a service.

Koush

There is a 'service countdown' on the App - it's just wrong!  It's counting 'up' the miles to a service that the car has already had. While it has a record of previous services, it has no concept of 'time since last service' nor mileage at which the next service is due ...

The RAV4 simply does not have a service interval indicator - the driver is responsible for the service schedule, though I'm pretty certain that my dealer will send timely reminders.

A, B trips, total mileage, and instrument illumination on my PHEV.

1 hour ago, ernieb said:

A, B trips, total mileage, and instrument illumination on my PHEV.

Exactly the same as my HEV Excel

My previous petrol Merc had quite a high oil consumption at the end.  Each time I topped up the oil it pushed the service  time on eventually 19,000 miles.  As the car was on its way out (rust era car) I was happy to delay the service. 

Interesting! In Toyotas you have to manually reset the counter; It doesn't automatically sense