Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Flashing Green Start stop warning light.

Andy2209

Hi new to all this but I hope you can help. My local dealership won’t tell me unless I take it in and they charge exorbitant fees. 

every few days after I unlock the car I have a flashing green start /stop system warning light on my dashboard. Anybody ideas what this means?

What does the light look like?

Flashing green is the system showing an error, are both key in the car at the same time ?

yaris keyless go errors.pdf

Flashing Green - Steering lock has not released - try turning the wheel then start or place the fob on the start button and foot on the brake to start the car

• Like 1

Moved to the Yaris club.

Thanks for all your replies. I need a new steering lock motor. 

Hi Andrew.

I don't know if I'm barking up the wrong tree here.

Some time ago, after returning to my IQ (with push button start), the engine wouldn't crank over when trying to start (yes I did have my foot on the clutch !)

The push start button's light was flashing. I can't remember if the light was flashing red or green ! I slightly moved the steering wheel to the left. The car then started. It would appear that if the front wheels are off-centre to a certain extent when parking, the steering lock motor is unable to overcome the pressure from the steering wheel shaft being pushed against the locking motor "stop". Moving the steering wheel slightly appeared to remove this "extra loading" allowing the car to start. 

I don't know if this was due to a faulty steering lock motor, or if it is a normal trait. Hope this is relevant.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Andy2209 said:

Thanks for all your replies. I need a new steering lock motor. 

How have you come to that conclusion.?

Does you Yaris handbook not show what that flashing means?

Managed to persuade local Toyota dealer to check it out. Coming up with error code meaning steering lock motor is faulty. Approx £150 inc part

1 hour ago, Andy2209 said:

steering lock motor

??? A motor to operate the steering lock???

2 minutes ago, bathtub tom said:

??? A motor to operate the steering lock???

Yes, on cars with a push button start

• Like 1

My 2008 C220 had a motorised steering lock, unlocked on key entry.

It broke mind and I had to have it replaced 🤣  it was such a common fault entire companies were created just for it.  Google "MB steering lock"

• Like 1

That’s interesting, once I had my car on jack stands with front wheels off the ground and the car was off and I managed to turn steering wheel left to right, was surprised why the steering was not locked, it seems that thing works like the Mercedes on unlocking the doors and steering wheel unlocks too, that’s easy for the thieves than standard car with key for ignition. 🤫👌

It's got better down the years.  The Merc you heard an audible metallic graunch as the lock came on or off.  Don't hear anything like that on the RAV.