Do Not Sell My Personal Information

British Gas EV charger fit before car arrives?

George Dodds

My PHEV is due in May (hopefully sooner)   British Gas have emailed me re having their EV. charger fitted. Free or £86 if tethered.  (Grant applied). 

Does anyone know if BG will fit the EV charger before the car is delivered to me? 

If not then the grant of £350 will not apply to me. (Grant finishing in March). 

thanks 

Extract from the Electric Vehicle Homecharge Scheme Guidance:

"Vehicle requirements

The following customers are eligible to access the grant:

• individuals who become registered keepers of a new or second-hand eligible electric vehicle – note that the registered keeper is not necessarily the owner of a vehicle, but the person responsible for the car that pays for road tax and MOT
  • individuals who are assigned a company car for at least 6 months
  • individuals who lease an eligible vehicle for at least 6 months
  • individuals who lease an eligible electric vehicle through a salary sacrifice scheme
  • individuals who are named, by their employer, as the primary user of an eligible electric vehicle for at least 6 months
  • individuals who have ordered an eligible electric vehicle

In all cases, the customer must be able to provide evidence that they qualify under one of the above categories."

Electric Vehicle Homecharge Scheme: guidance for customers - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

That's great news, many thanks 👍

55 minutes ago, George Dodds said:

My PHEV is due in May (hopefully sooner)   British Gas have emailed me re having their EV. charger fitted. Free or £86 if tethered.  (Grant applied). 

Does anyone know if BG will fit the EV charger before the car is delivered to me? 

If not then the grant of £350 will not apply to me. (Grant finishing in March). 

thanks 

George....you can give them a call on 03332021054 and progress your order. Have you had the survey completed yet?

Also remember that the PHEV is still not on the Government list so you may have to stump up the £350 too

Hi, No I haven't had the survey yet, just an email from my dealer and BG asking me to contact them to start the process.

I will speak to my dealer regarding the PHEV not being on the government list before ordering, mayble Toyota will stump up the £350?

You should not have to pay anything. I spoken to my dealer and British Gas and they have both said it will be free and has nothing to do with the grant as Toyota has paid for all its customers to have the points installed. 

I have my survey appointment on the 7th Feb and I’m guessing will take some time after that to get it installed.  My dealer has not given me a date of picking up my car yet I expect it to end up being before the point has been installed. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, NoRaVYet said:

You should not have to pay anything. I spoken to my dealer and British Gas and they have both said it will be free and has nothing to do with the grant as Toyota has paid for all its customers to have the points installed. 

I have my survey appointment on the 7th Feb and I’m guessing will take some time after that to get it installed.  My dealer has not given me a date of picking up my car yet I expect it to end up being before the point has been installed. 

A few phone calls for me tomorrow then,  Many thanks.