Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Clutch for NLP115 chassis Urban Cruiser 1.4 D4D 2011

barsy

Hello,

Bought an UC recently for commuting to work, within a few days it appears the clutch went (6 weeks ago). Trouble is, I can't find a replacement clutch kit anywhere - seem to be rarer than rocking horse !Removed!. Any suggestions, I thought a simple google search would do it but after what has now been hours I am no further on. My mechanic tells me his enquiries with Toyota reveal a "backlog" but with no dates for arrival. Looking at the aftermarket offerings, there is plenty of choice for the NLP110 chassis but not the NLP115 - is there an obvious reason? Anyone know of an aftermarket kit that would work?

Thanks,

It should be the same as the yaris i will look it up

31250-0W140 or 31210-0W211

LUK 623 3317 33 (No stock but maybe to order) LUK show it as a current part

the full Kit is £300

looks like it's specific to the NLP115, you may need to change the dual mass flywheel - i have UC's cheap due to the clutch, this is likely why

i will check a few other vendors...............

Sachs

3000 950 735 - clutch less slave

3182 600 275 - Slave

NLP115 is the 4wd so yes, the clutch is specific to that car

• 4 months later...

Hello everyone, I am desperately looking for an NLP 115 clutch disc for my urban 4x4, I think I have understood that it is totally untraceable, would it be possible to mount a different system, by replacing all the elements, replacing the bimass by a different system???

On 5/16/2022 at 10:05 AM, Momos said:

Hello everyone, I am desperately looking for an NLP 115 clutch disc for my urban 4x4, I think I have understood that it is totally untraceable, would it be possible to mount a different system, by replacing all the elements, replacing the bimass by a different system???

In sort no, the setup is unique to 4wd Urban cruiser and there is no alternative, the issue is effectively global and is affecting all markets where UC D4d 4wd where sold, Toyota are heavily involved in sorting the issue however the clutch manufacturers factory in Japan was severely damaged by an earthquake with lines & tooling damaged beyond repair and the company has decided not to rebuild / repair the factory which has caused a huge issue specifically for the NLP115 as they where the only supplier, Toyota have engaged an alternative manufacturer that has agreed to start manufacturing however they have to source new tooling, build a production line, run a sample run then submit it to Toyota for quality checks etc the latest eta is initial quality samples are expected late Q3 2022 and then subject to quality acceptance production to commence mid/late Q4 with shipping Late Q4 early Q1 2023.

On 5/16/2022 at 10:05 AM, Momos said:

See the posts above, If the pressure plate is ok, get the clutch refaced/relined they may be able to recondition the pressure plate Sachs and LUK show no stock i suggest you contact LUK https://aftermarket.schaeffler.com/en/contact

• 4 months later...

I've just had the same issue of not being able to source a new clutch for the 4wd Urban Cruiser due to the issues above caused by an earthquake. I found a company (Nutexa Frixtions Ltd, contact Jan 0151 632 5903) that does performance clutch relining and have had it refurbish back to better than new. I have no affiliation with this company but as I got the idea from this forum I'm hoping it can help others out too.

• Thanks 1

• 5 months later...

Sorry Flash22 only just seen your question. I think it cost about £100, we've used the car every day since and the clutch is performing well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

Any updates on supply of this clutch kit ?

Have one too far gone to refurbish.

Try a main dealer, not sure if they are still on back order

• Like 1

11 hours ago, AWC said:

Any updates on supply of this clutch kit ?

Have one too far gone to refurbish.

10 hours ago, flash22 said:

Try a main dealer, not sure if they are still on back order

Still no great news, as it stands:

The factory & tooling of A ( tier 3) supplier manufacturing a component required by the Clutch manufacturer was damaged in a storm and they decided not to rebuild the factory nor replace the tooling so production of the clutch was suspended, Toyota started the process of finding a new supplier, several companies tendered however ultimately none decided to continue with any agreement, so a new tender process was started and a new supplier was agreed upon (June 2022) tooling's are ordered and manufacturing of tooling, installations and initial productions need started for quality control checks by manufacturer, Toyota and an agreed third party this process is expected to take 15 months so mass production assuming QC passes is expected Sept/Oct 2023, Shipment of Clutch's expected Nov/Dec 2023assuming no issues.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hello from Greece. Have had the same problem waiting for the replacement of clutch disc for the Toyota Urban Cruiser for the past three months. Thankfully I read Timlovestoys’ advice above and contacted Nutexa Frictions Ltd who were more than helpful and professional! They refurbished my disc  and sent it back within a week. Now my car is back on the road again working great. Thank you Timlovestoys and Nutexa Frictions Ltd. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Nutexa Frictions Ltd.
New Hall Lane
Hoylake, Wirral
CH47 4BP

TEL: 0151-632-5903  
FAX: 0151-632-5908
Email: sales@nutexafrictions.co.uk

this company still exist and working.

they help me with my toyota urban  cruiser 1.4 4wd NLP115,  I look around aproximative 2 month to bay cluth kit 3ps, but never not find, just find separately cluth plate pressure cover and bearring, and left to find just cluth disc, but never not find. after i find this forum and read some info find this company Nutexa Frictions Ltd. I  send email and connect with director this company ledy Serjeant, she arrange UPS collection for me and next day i send to them after cuples days she call me and make me  very happy 😉 sais my cluth disc is ready and have good price 130 british paund for recognition + UPS carge for me this is +15 Pounds.

if you have simillar problem you can contact them, they help you 100%

• Like 1

Hi, my urban crusier 4wd also need a new clutch disc. But no garage willing to disassemble the clutch disc for me as my car will occupied their ramp for a week . And i also cannot source any used one. Are you disassemble the friction plate by yourself?