Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Android auto retrofit

fc919

Hi everyone, Happy New Year!

I was wondering if anyone on this forum have tried to retrofit their touch 2 go systems with android auto? I have done some research and found this box:

https://autoextra.ro/en/produs/carplay-and-android-auto-integration-for-toyota-touch2-2013-2018/

Speaking to the above vendor through their website it seems like a relatively easy installation. Your thoughts would be much appreciated.

My car is a 2018 C-hr

I think your Toyota dealer will do it for £50 during a service or £150 at any time

3 hours ago, Woofwoof said:

I think your Toyota dealer will do it for £50 during a service or £150 at any time

Thank you for your response. Do they have anything like this for a 2018 c-hr? I thought it had to be anything after 2020.

3 hours ago, fc919 said:

Thank you for your response. Do they have anything like this for a 2018 c-hr? I thought it had to be anything after 2020.

If it’s touch 2 they should be able to do it

give them a call

18 hours ago, Woofwoof said:

Only for the MM17 head unit which was introduced in 2019 with the Corolla and Rav4. The programme was for the Corolla and Rav4 fitted with this later head unit, rather than the C-HR - costs when done outside of a service were £120 for the Corolla, £150 for the Rav.

15 hours ago, fc919 said:

Do they have anything like this for a 2018 c-hr?

No - earlier Touch 2 head units aren't compatible.

20 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Only for the MM17 head unit which was introduced in 2019 with the Corolla and Rav4. The programme was for the Corolla and Rav4 fitted with this later head unit, rather than the C-HR - costs when done outside of a service were £120 for the Corolla, £150 for the Rav.

No - earlier Touch 2 head units aren't compatible.

Thanks for the details

Hi all, thank you for your responses it was very helpful. I did end up buying the module and just fit it today. I have to say, it is great and my only regret is that I should've gotten this sooner. It's a good piece of kit and all the OEM steering controls, reversing camera still works. It also allows for voice input through Google assistant. The only 2 downsides are that the resolution of the Android auto screen is quite low but this is due to the limitations of the headunit itself, and the call quality over bluetooth is very low however I worked around this by taking my calls through the headunit itself. Aside from these 2 points it's a great addition to the car. The kit supplier was quite helpful as well, helping me out with the installation through WhatsApp. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links