Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cannot downshift from 5th to 4th gear

Marla

Hi - first post. 🙂

For a couple of days now I cannot downshift from 5th to 4th gear on my 2015 Yaris. I have to shift to 3rd, and then to 4th. There is no grinding noise or clunky feel, it just won't go into 4th from 5th, like there is something blocking it.

When I am parked up with the engine off, I have no problem downshifting from 5th to 4th. Not sure if I should try it while stationary with the engine on?

Does anyone know what the problem is likely to be, the cost and if it can potentially be covered by Toyota Warranty (it has only ever been serviced by a Toyota garage, so Relax Warranty should be in place)? Car has around 75k miles on it, and I have had it for just over 3 years with no other problems.

Thanks.

If Relax is in place, take it to dealer and ask then to drive it with you. No point messing about if it's covered.

• Like 1

If it has been serviced by a Toyota dealer since 1st June 2021, the Relax warranty should be in place - although you should have had an e-mail confirmation of the warranty from the dealer.

If last serviced before 1st June 2021, this would have been before the Re!ax warranty scheme started.

I've just checked through my emails, and yes I do have the Relax warranty as I had my car serviced 21st June 2021.

Ok - I will take it in to the dealer, and hopefully it will be covered under the terms of the warranty.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1