Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aygo not starting

kam1

Hi all 

I have a Toyota 2005 Semi Auto MMT old shape . 51k on the car HPI clear so never in any accident. 

I bought the car and the clutch was gone. I fixed the clutch and then drove 10k miles 

Then car broke down. The car is trying to start but engine will not turn on on its on like a normal car would 

Recent fixes/issues:

1. Crankshaft sensor: came up and now it doesn't 

2. Cam shaft sensor: changed but error keeps coming up as cam shaft sensor circuit bank 1 (used two cam shaft sensors, still nothing) 

3. Fuel pump is fine 

4. no spark from spark plugs 

At a point now where I really don't know what to do. Please can someone help? 

Change the crank sensor a crank code will only show if the engine is running at the time, if you cleared the codes it may not come back

19 hours ago, kam1 said:

Cam shaft sensor: changed but error keeps coming up as cam shaft sensor circuit bank 1 (used two cam shaft sensors, still nothing) 

Where did you get the camshaft sensor, are you sure it's genuine and good quality as there a lot of 'fake' car parts around (in the US they Call them CRAP - Chinese Replacement Auto Parts)?

Have you checked the wiring to the camshaft sensor?

I would be checking fuses - IG1 and IG2 on the side of the gauges

does it have a good Battery, what's the voltage when cranking ? Has the car been jump started ?

On 1/15/2022 at 9:27 AM, PetrolDave said:

Where did you get the camshaft sensor, are you sure it's genuine and good quality as there a lot of 'fake' car parts around (in the US they Call them CRAP - Chinese Replacement Auto Parts)?

Have you checked the wiring to the camshaft sensor?

The sensor is after market as genuine one is quite expensive. Surely that shouldn't make a difference? I just visually inspected the wires and no cuts. I was thinking of getting a multi meter and checking it that way. How exactly do you mean? Thanks

23 hours ago, flash22 said:

I would be checking fuses - IG1 and IG2 on the side of the gauges

does it have a good battery, what's the voltage when cranking ? Has the car been jump started ?

I checked all fuses inside and near engine and nothing was wrong. 

Battery is dead as hasn't been driven in close to 4 months now. I just keep jump-starting if but the alternator has crack in it which I don't think could be an issue

Voltage I need to check with multimeter

What do you think? 

Thanks

Well, you can't diagnose an issue without a decent Battery - Aygo's don't like to be jump started they can blow the fusible link, if the Battery is dead jump starting will do nothing the ecu and other systems will not power up correctly

If the Alternator failed,  the Battery willl drop low the ecu will go mad and throw all sorts of codes

Back to basics - Battery and alternator

• Like 2

Topic title changed to reflect topic subject.

On 1/16/2022 at 12:23 PM, flash22 said:

Well, you can't diagnose an issue without a decent battery - Aygo's don't like to be jump started they can blow the fusible link, if the battery is dead jump starting will do nothing the ecu and other systems will not power up correctly

If the Alternator failed,  the battery willl drop low the ecu will go mad and throw all sorts of codes

Back to basics - Battery and alternator

Ah I see what you mean. Do you think to change the Battery and Alternator? 

Thanks

Kam possibly but have you tried charging the Battery?  It is probably knackered (u/s) for long term use but might work while you keep fault finding. 

As for the alternator, how do you know it's knackered?  Maybe it is which accounts for the Battery, or the Battery is knackered so there is nothing for the alternator to do.