Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Battery Change.

Billyboy81

Changed the Battery today for a Varta one. The old Battery is the original one from 2009 dated 14/4/09! Incredible it's lasted so long. It was starting to struggle on these cold mornings so I decided to retire it. 

• Like 1

Not a bad idea...Better a bit too soon than having trouble unexpectedly.

Like we always heard from customers in AutoClub :   'I just had to go somewhere'...
Of course : cars only breakdown when you go somewhere or try to go.
Never just standing there, parked. Then they never break down.

• Haha 1

Hi Bill, that’s a pretty good life for a Battery. Did you bring it into the house on the cold nights. 😄

• Haha 1

Congratulations on long-term Battery life. It was not so unusual before, at a time when the STAR-STOP system had not been introduced. Today, systems with smart charging and the need for EFB or AGM batteries are not able to achieve this. But this is due to the pressure of the green lobby for better emissions, so we have to come to terms with it.

I had a Merc E200 for 10 years (5-15) no change in my time.  Then a E220D it had a massive stop/start Battery although the car didn't have S/S.  I had it for 5 years (10-15).  Never crossed my mind to have to change the Battery

Nice and long Battery life👌. I wonder how long the electric cars traction batteries will last if the cars are used daily and not for crazy high miles, if they can reach on average of 10 years or 200k miles will be a good one. I think might need to change my hybrid one soon, and it can be even before the small 12v need replacement, but we will see., for now I just keep driving 🔋🔌

Wow, that’s an unusually long life for a Battery 🔋. I once got seven winters/years and I thought that was very good. Was the car garaged every night especially in the cold weather??