Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Home Charger Grant

nlee

1 hour ago, Hayzee said:

The charger that BG are fitting is a 7.4kW Alfen Eve Single S-line charger I am led to believe.

Thats correct just got my invoice.  Now waiting on a date for instaltaion. 

4 minutes ago, NoRaVYet said:

Thats correct just got my invoice.  Now waiting on a date for instaltaion. 

It's been 2 weeks since my survey but heard nothing yet

I had a telephone call this afternoon from BG. Bit unclear if they knew the whole story. Didn't seem to know I had the survey carried out in as much as he asked if it was a physical or remote survey. He said they would be in touch as soon as they had checked the engineer's report.

Bottom line is I just need to wait for further news.

2 hours ago, Hayzee said:

The charger that BG are fitting is a 7.4kW Alfen Eve Single S-line charger I am led to believe.

It looks like this is capable of load balancing but is described as "optional". I presume it is just an extra cable but it looks like it connects to a smart meter port rather than a normal CT clamp. It might therefore depend on the spec of the meter. If load balancing is important to you, it might be worth checking with your installer.

It also doesn't appear to be wireless. It says optional on the 3 phase s-line or standard on the pro-line but maybe this has changed. Has your installer discussed routing of a cat5 cable back to your router if it isn't wireless? To be fair, an ethernet connection is more reliable than a SIM card or WiFi but another cable to route.

31 minutes ago, Hayzee said:

Nigel

I understand it is a Hive badged charger which can communicate wirelessly with a Hive Hub and be controlled via the Hive Android/IOS App.

https://www.hivehome.com/shop/electric-vehicles

Ah yes, it does say on the spec that it has GPRS connectivity so this must be added for their spec. I would have hoped it had some wireless connectivity if paying nearly £1000 for one! The app looks good. (It's a bit rich that they charge 99p a month after 3 years for advanced app functions though).

22 minutes ago, nlee said:

Ah yes, it does say on the spec that it has GPRS connectivity so this must be added for their spec. I would have hoped it had some wireless connectivity if paying nearly £1000 for one! The app looks good. (It's a bit rich that they charge 99p a month after 3 years for advanced app functions though).

I just checked and the Hive charger does NOT need a Hive Hub as it communicates directly with the internet and is controlled by the mobile app.

Where are you guys getting the hive charger information? On my invoice I can see “Installation of Alfen S Line tethered EV charger”

1 minute ago, R4VA_K said:

Where are you guys getting the hive charger information? On my invoice I can see “Installation of Alfen S Line tethered EV charger”

Kerim

It is an Alfen charger as your invoice states.....BG just call it a HIve EV charger and Badge it.

Hive EV Charger | Electric Car Charger | Hive Home

• Thanks 1

What are BG asking customers to pay on their invoices? Anyone at zero cost - or even close to that? Anyone a million miles from that?

Had to pay for £49 deposit and another 30 when done. But that’s just because I chose the tethered version otherwise would have been free. 

9 minutes ago, Lawnmowerman said:

What are BG asking customers to pay on their invoices? Anyone at zero cost - or even close to that? Anyone a million miles from that?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, R4VA_K said:

Had to pay for £49 deposit and another 30 when done. But that’s just because I chose the tethered version otherwise would have been free. 

Hi. Did BG give you a total cost for the job ? Also did you have to wait very long for the quote, I’m assuming it was an email. I had my home survey done on 31st Jan. 

Everything was 0 on the invoice so no idea on the true price. Mine was less than a 24 hour turnaround from virtual visit to quote.  Probably worth chasing yours unless it was a more complex installation.  

5 minutes ago, R4VA_K said:

Everything was 0 on the invoice so no idea on the true price. Mine was less than a 24 hour turnaround from virtual visit to quote.  Probably worth chasing yours unless it was a more complex installation.  

Thanks. I think mine maybe complex, BG man said it will be expensive. Have to run a cable through the loft to a detached garage. Did they give you any idea when they could fit it? 

26 minutes ago, George Dodds said:

Thanks. I think mine maybe complex, BG man said it will be expensive. Have to run a cable through the loft to a detached garage. Did they give you any idea when they could fit it? 

No indication of when it will be installed I’ll probably give them a call on Monday if I not heard anything.  

You might want to give them a call to checkup on things it’s been over a week for yourself. Never had to wait in a queue or anything so should be quick to get an update.  

9 minutes ago, R4VA_K said:

No indication of when it will be installed I’ll probably give them a call on Monday if I not heard anything.  

You might want to give them a call to checkup on things it’s been over a week for yourself. Never had to wait in a queue or anything so should be quick to get an update.  

Hi. Thanks, yes I will give them call tomorrow. 

I had my survey on 25th January so I called them today and they said there was a backlog (surprise surprise) and that each installation has to first be approved by the local electricity network operator, which is where my process is waiting.

Couldn't give me a timescale, just said I was in the system and would hear in due course.

Got my installation date of the 2nd March. 

One thing that I have found amusing for this whole process is no one has ever asked for my car details I.e proof I own the car.   

1 hour ago, Hayzee said:

I had my survey on 25th January so I called them today and they said there was a backlog (surprise surprise) and that each installation has to first be approved by the local electricity network operator, which is where my process is waiting.

Couldn't give me a timescale, just said I was in the system and would hear in due course.

I rang BG today who said they were waiting for my DNO (Western Power) to check what fuse was in my supply. It says 100 on the side but Western Power need to check.  WP coming this afternoon. Maybe try ringing your DNO (Distribution Network Operator) ? 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, R4VA_K said:

Got my installation date of the 2nd March. 

One thing that I have found amusing for this whole process is no one has ever asked for my car details I.e proof I own the car.   

Didn't you have to be referred to BG by the dealer who supplied your car in order for it to be the Toyota funded scheme? 

26 minutes ago, Mike2222 said:

Didn't you have to be referred to BG by the dealer who supplied your car in order for it to be the Toyota funded scheme? 

Yep, my understanding too. 

No soon as I got the notification that my car would arrive late January and phoned up BG.  Not once have they ever verified I own a rav4.

Has anyone had their charging point installed yet? I can’t even get BG to rebook the survey they didn’t turn up to last Friday. They never return calls - 3 times this week I have phoned and promised calls have failed to materialise. 

41 minutes ago, Flatcoat said:

Has anyone had their charging point installed yet? I can’t even get BG to rebook the survey they didn’t turn up to last Friday. They never return calls - 3 times this week I have phoned and promised calls have failed to materialise. 

Maybe best to email them ev@britishgas.co.uk, they rang me back in around an hour when I did this.  

My home visit survey done 31/1 took three hours, nothing heard after about 10 days.

I rang them a couple of days ago and they said my DNO (Western Power) needed to check the fuse, so was holding things up.

I rang Western Power and they came out the same day and changed my consumer unit fuse for an 80amp, told me 80amp was fine and all done for free.

Then a day later after ringing BG they said my Energy Provider needed to fit an isolation switch on my meter. Octopus Energy contacted and they rang me the same day to make an appointment a couple of weeks later (March 9) still free, kept BG informed and hopefuly they will fit the EV soon after that. 

I'm keeping BG informed at every stage, probably best if you can get an email address of a named person at British Gas and copy them into everything you arrange. 

• Like 1