Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Collecting imported Toyota Estima - Paper work

therealhyper

Hello folks,

I'm looking to pick up my Toyota Estima Hybrid, it's a Japan import.

What paper should I be expecting to come with the car, I'm buying from a trader.

Just wanted to check if there would be anything different, as it's a imported car ?

It's a freshly imported vehicle, it's been registered with DVLA and the log book is in the post. 

So, should I only expect to have the log book & MOT documents ? It's just been serviced so there will be receipts for this.

Anything else ? 

Thanks

Presumably the trader is paying for the service? If so, I would expect something to show what has been done - checklist or similar, MOT certificate. If the trader is paying for the service then probably no receipt as that would form part of their audit trail for the business.

38 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Presumably the trader us paying for the service? If so, I would expect something to show what has been done - checklist or similar, MOT certificate. If the trader is paying for the service then probably no receipt as that would form part of their audit trail for the business.

Thanks very much. Yes trader is organising all the service work. Do I need any paper work to show the car has been imported, clock changed to UK spec etc ? Or will the fact it has a log book and MOT, be sufficient ?

What year is the imported vehicle?

You will be able to visually check the speedo etc has been done. Ask the question about whether the speedo now reads in miles or km. I'd also insist on being provided with the vehicle's import certificate which would show condition and mileage etc. Don't let them fob you off with "don't have it, never did."

Buyer beware, but great vehicles if looked after properly.

it's all part of the import process if the car is under 10 years old it would have had a IVA and any work to make it legal for UK use as the V5 has been processed and it's been given plates it's all been done

https://carused.jp/blog/professional-car-knowledge/regulations-importation/how-to-import-used-cars-from-japan-to-the-uk/