Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mods You Regret?

Nizan

ok guys just wondering if any of you have any stories about mods youve done to your car which you regret.

As for me it has to be my wheels, yeah they look great but they wiegh a massive 15KG each, for a extra 20 quid a wheel i could of got some o.z racing super legeras or similar which weigh 6KG each saving me a massive 38KG in total :crybaby:

im now gonna loose a good few hundred quid changing :(

i look forward to hearing your tales :thumbsup:

none but has to be the bonnet vent that came off on the motorway and made a terrible mark on my bonnet ..felt embarrassed for 2 days :D

im feelin very brave for admittin this but here goes...

when i was 17 i had some plates made up with 'picture me rollin' on the front and 'all eyez on me' on the back, it was where the garage name is usually put! :ph34r:

i was so smoooooth B)

:lol::lol::lol:

:rolleyes:

come on people! mock me!!!

gotta be some other bad ones out there?!

:thumbsup:

Oh no, the vent came off?? :blink: At least it didn't hit the windscreen I suppose. A friend of mine had his whole bonnet fly up into the windscreen on the motorway. He wasn't driving a Yaris (in fact I think it was an Alfa... mmm) but needless to say he was very shaken!

when i was 17 i had some plates made up with 'picture me rollin' on the front and 'all eyez on me' on the back, it was where the garage name is usually put! :ph34r:

i was so smoooooth B)

:lol::lol::lol:

Was that in your '2pac' days?!

'Thug Life' tatted on ur arm?!................................. :lol:

i was so smoooooth B)

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Was that in your '2pac' days?!

'Thug Life' tatted on ur arm?!................................. :lol:

...oh yes...

and its tattooed on my gut!!! :lol:

I bought an undercar neon kit for my last car. It cost £150 back then and i burnt my hand fitting it and nearly torched my dash as a wire got caught on a piece of sharp metal. When it was finally running I thought they looked great....2 days later yes 2 days later the front tube smashed by a flying stone rendering them useless! Can you get repalcements? like hell you can! :crybaby:

Anyway i decided to run on 3 tubes but about 3 weeks later a side one smashed. I gave up, ripped them off and chucked them in the skip! What a waste of time and effort and £150! :rolleyes:

A set of Alpine component Speakers whislt fitting them in the doors of tha Yaris, I dropped the speaker on the floor, tried to catch it with my foot, instead booted it and bruised me toe. The cone on the Speakers has now popped in :angry:

heres one on behalf of my mate (bless)

he sprayed his rear lights black, so black, you could barely see a thing through them. but thats not the worst part, he never took them off or covered the paintwork, so he just had a big blob of black spray like grafitti on back of his corolla!!

thought u thought he'd learn from his mistake, few weeks later, he tried spraying his air vents on the dash red, and again, just sprayed them without masking or anything!! oh deer!!! :D:D

all of em :D

cos i aint ever gonna recoup the costs :P

nah not really couldnt give a flying funk!

there are bits and bobs that i must admit are 'bodged' on mine but only cos it was a rush job and are generally on the hitlist to be properly sorted

Love my mods,

but... my lexys lights, again love them and think they look them bomb, but regret fitting them myself as short circited the car :rolleyes: whoops <_<

trip down to Mr T and £80 poorer all sorted :P

My Konis. Paid £400 for'em, only ever got half the kit, found some HKS stuff while I was waiting, and Koni STILL haven't sent out the missing parts 4 months later... so they've gone back. Hope I get my money back!!!

Had a backbox that was too big for the car with a 5.5" jap tailpipe sticking out the back, you could hear it miles away, was quite funny for about a couple of days, until I noticed I was going deaf!

none but has to be the bonnet vent that came off on the motorway and made a terrible mark on my bonnet ..felt embarrassed for 2 days :D

was it the booster tunning vent? coz im getting mine put on next week

imnot overly happy with my spoiler i liked the idea but now it on im not sure , prob cost me 200 quid just to take of and fix the holes in the roof :(

No ure ok sup it was a universal one ..wouldnt try it again though.got a booster rear skirt yesterday getting fitted on monday.. :P :D

I kinda regret my lexus lites, so many problems with them, 1 of my bulb holders keep falling out and had 2 pay some1 2 wire them up 4 me but apart from that its all good! :D

Cheers :thumbsup:

Had a backbox that was too big for the car with a 5.5" jap tailpipe sticking out the back, you could hear it miles away, was quite funny for about a couple of days, until I noticed I was going deaf!

yeah! they can seriously damage your hearing, used to have a 205 with a very nice s/s exhaust, ran it for two years and its destroyed mine! :lol:

4 months ago i spent £800 and ALOT of time modifying my rover 216 coupe (honda powered) into a VTEC powered car.

Basically its a head swap with quite a few other extras.

It didn't work though. After the mod it used LOADS of oil yet nobody could find anything wrong with it.

sold it not long ago and got a toyota :)

A set of Alpine component speakers whislt fitting them in the doors of tha Yaris, I dropped the speaker on the floor, tried to catch it with my foot, instead booted it and bruised me toe. The cone on the speakers has now popped in :angry:

:lol: that one made me laugh

You should have sent it back and said they were damaged in transit :D

OOO reminds me i once put a screwdriver through my brand new 10" pioneer sub :crybaby: