Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris MK4 front and rear cameras

JMCterrano2

Does anyone have installed on their Yaris MK4 the Toyota offer for front and rear camera, how is the installation hidden cables? can you please post inside and outside pictures to show how it look like

Thank you

J

Expensive with Toyota. DIY - only a couple of trims to remove for front. I never fit rear…….if someone hits you up the back, it’s normally their liability.

6 hours ago, JMCterrano2 said:

Does anyone have installed on their Yaris MK4 the Toyota offer for front and rear camera, how is the installation hidden cables? can you please post inside and outside pictures to show how it look like

Thank you

J

I had the Nextbase 380GWX Front and Rear on my Corolla when I bought it in September - same product as would be fitted in your Yaris. DONT take the "dual view" which is a Nextbase twin camera in one unit. Useless in our cars due to the limited rear view.

For me, I found it was a neat install - its not the greatest Dashcam for the price but the cost *fitted*, with hard wire kit, Battery and SD card is cheaper than you can buy the same Dashcam without the Battery and SD card and self-fit.

Front is a neat and discrete size but you do have two cables that come out of the mount up to the headlining - mine was hardwired into the fusebox (as it should be with the official kit). Its fitted up high behind the rear view mirror so exposed wiring is minimal plus its black against the "shaded" part and hidden by the mirror.

Rear they cut a small hole in the trim over the rear high stop light and fed through that and the grommets and under the headlining.

For me worth it not to have the hassle, if there had been an issue with fitting then its on the dealer I bought the car from, instead of having to get into any issues with self-fit or 3rd party. Had I already of got the car I may have gone 3rd party or self fit but for me it does what I want and looks part of the car.

I have the same front & rear as Trashman hardwired by Toyota dealership from my previous model, three years old now and haven’t given any bother (touch wood). They didn’t want to do it because they didn’t fit them in the previous model. But I threatened it’s a dealbreaker then they relented. So use every leverage you can get and it’s amazing what can be achieved.

• Like 1