Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Headlight comparison

Kieranm9091

Hi All,

I have recently ordered a new Corolla Excel which has the BI-LED Headlights. I want to know though what is the obvious differences between the BI-LED and the regular headlamps?

Are there any comparison images of them in use? Or does anyone here have any images they can share of their BI and another with normal? 

• Like 1

i do not have images, but ive got a corolla with the "multi led" (reflector type) and borrowed a BI-LED when i left mine on service, and what i can tell is that you (to my eyes) get more light output from the multi led (sience also says projectors steal a bit of the oumph), BUT however the reflector type leaves you with a couple hot-spots and some low lit areas infront of you where as the bi-led may shine a bit less compared to the hotspots but with a hugely more even spread. i guess its personal opinion, more light but with hotspots or less light in a very even pattern, i would also argue the high beam on bi-led is more usefull! multi led highbeam is sort of just two floodlights compared to bi-led high beam wich is very directed light.

this is my first post on this forum and im from sweden so grammar may not be on point 🙂 anyway hope you get a sense of what there is to pick

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Smulle96 said:

i do not have images, but ive got a corolla with the "multi led" (reflector type) and borrowed a BI-LED when i left mine on service, and what i can tell is that you (to my eyes) get more light output from the multi led (sience also says projectors steal a bit of the oumph), BUT however the reflector type leaves you with a couple hot-spots and some low lit areas infront of you where as the bi-led may shine a bit less compared to the hotspots but with a hugely more even spread. i guess its personal opinion, more light but with hotspots or less light in a very even pattern, i would also argue the high beam on bi-led is more usefull! multi led highbeam is sort of just two floodlights compared to bi-led high beam wich is very directed light.

this is my first post on this forum and im from sweden so grammar may not be on point 🙂 anyway hope you get a sense of what there is to pick

Thanks for the info! Have mine ordered for April delivery and it has the BI-LED but could not really find any info on it. I like the 'sharper' lights over the general flood so this should be a good thing for me.

Also my first thread here so welcome to you too!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links