Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Faulty - Gearbox/Computer - Options

Beagle23

1 hour ago, flash22 said:

It's not a hybrid, 124bhp makes it a  1.6 (1ZR-FE) TR MMT, tax is 200-210 a year

403234761_auristrmmt.thumb.jpg.b3b8535766681c46ae7b216245be9e0c.jpg

Yes, this is what I have. Sorry for the confused terminology, a lack of knowledge on my part

14 minutes ago, Beagle23 said:

Yes, this is what I have. Sorry for the confused terminology, a lack of knowledge on my part

Well, that’s not a hybrid and completely different gearbox,  gear selector and problems, that video does not apply to your car too. You may have worn out clutch or issues with the gear actuator, but I can’t help any further. My advice is to take the car to a garage you trust and usually use to service it within, make sure you take the fault codes readings. 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A car with MMT gearbox is either going to work absolutely perfect or become a money pit.  Due to your current personal circumstances, Stephen, I would think hard what you do with this car.

If you take it Toyota they will quote you a new clutch, selector actuator and clutch actuator what is £1700+, by all means get the codes read first

What area are you?

May just need an actuator clean and lube and a relearn for the shift points and clutch bite point, all this can be carried out using Techstream, Toyota diagnostic kit or any GOOD diagnostics like Wurth Wow or Autel etc

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links