Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2020 New Yaris Launch Edition - Wind Deflectors

CPN

I am super pleased with these new Heko Wind Deflectors I got from here at the excellent price of £37.45! (also available here for the same price)

PXL_20220117_161230314.thumb.jpg.1d6800d0b9506f673a314c1b91abc2df.jpg

They fitted like a glove. The clips were a bit fiddly to install but with a bit of care and window control nudging to ease them up, they went in fine in the end (thong side inwards so that it grips the window rubber seal). I would suggest that it is important to use alcohol wipes on the rubber (outer side) where the adhesive strips are and also to pay attention to the (at least) 1 hr leaving the windows up so that the strips stick properly. I'll update here as to how they are whilst driving...

• Like 4

Heko are the top brand for vehicle wind deflectors - never seen any complaints on any of the various forums I've frequented over the years or from friends I know that have fitted them to there own vehicles. 

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
On 1/17/2022 at 5:32 PM, CPN said:

I am super pleased with these new Heko Wind Deflectors I got from here at the excellent price of £37.45! (also available here for the same price)

PXL_20220117_161230314.thumb.jpg.1d6800d0b9506f673a314c1b91abc2df.jpg

They fitted like a glove. The clips were a bit fiddly to install but with a bit of care and window control nudging to ease them up, they went in fine in the end (thong side inwards so that it grips the window rubber seal). I would suggest that it is important to use alcohol wipes on the rubber (outer side) where the adhesive strips are and also to pay attention to the (at least) 1 hr leaving the windows up so that the strips stick properly. I'll update here as to how they are whilst driving...

Quick question Colin, I got a set of these and was wondering whether it was absolutely necessary that the metal clips are fitted.  I am concerned at they way they anchor on the rubber meaning that once inserted, one would need extra care not to rip the rubber, if they are to be removed one day. Also the glass would effectively be touching the metal clip when up!

That said, if strictly needed, where would it make most sense to place them, front and rear, at the extremity?

Thanks in advance,

On 11/24/2022 at 8:17 AM, charlbal said:

Quick question Colin, I got a set of these and was wondering whether it was absolutely necessary that the metal clips are fitted.  I am concerned at they way they anchor on the rubber meaning that once inserted, one would need extra care not to rip the rubber, if they are to be removed one day. Also the glass would effectively be touching the metal clip when up!

That said, if strictly needed, where would it make most sense to place them, front and rear, at the extremity?

Thanks in advance,

I found that with the rear window ones, they fit so well that the clips aren't 100% necessary but it is a different story for the front window ones because the of the length. I have experimented a few times at different positions to see if they are anymore secure but I have always ended up back at the places they recommend in the included instructions. During this experimentation, I have removed and reinstalled the clips several times and don't seem to have damaged the rubbers.

• Like 1

I understand, many thanks for your guidance and help.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links