Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota Yaris T-spirit 2011 diesel

Mikey-2151

35 minutes ago, Catlover said:

Yes, and one video mentioned a fancy price at a garage.  BUT doing a regen out on the road is viable. You said the car was better after you went for a fast drive, keeping the engine hot by keeping revs up. Did you see the video of the garage an in a Volvo?  He was restricted by what he could do because he was in London, you have open spaces of Lancashire. The engine needs to be hot, have you got any steep roads near you that will work the engine to get heat? Then he held the car at higher revs"

Yeh, you gotctge link for that one ill give it a watch.

Sorry to hear its the dpf that's a real pain, I think most re gen when continuously driving over 40 mph for over 15mins, give it a good hard run get the revs up  everytime you drive and maybe the problem will resolve itself? The dirty dpf prob caused by previous owner either not running long enough? Or Stop start driving, this is one of the reasons I went for the 08 d4d is there is less to go wrong. 

Hope you can get it to regen itself it'll save you alot of cash 

On 1/31/2022 at 12:15 PM, xav said:

Sorry to hear its the dpf that's a real pain, I think most re gen when continuously driving over 40 mph for over 15mins, give it a good hard run get the revs up  everytime you drive and maybe the problem will resolve itself? The dirty dpf prob caused by previous owner either not running long enough? Or Stop start driving, this is one of the reasons I went for the 08 d4d is there is less to go wrong. 

Hope you can get it to regen itself it'll save you alot of cash 

Hi, I've had a diagnostic today and it turns out that the egr isn't opening up allowing the air flow and thats what is causing the dpf code. Does this sound about right guys?

On 1/31/2022 at 8:32 AM, Catlover said:

Hi, I've had a diagnostic today and it turns out that the egr isn't opening up allowing the air flow and thats what is causing the dpf code. Does this sound about right guys?

An egr issue may cause it not to go into regen, if you haven't already give in a good clean

3 hours ago, flash22 said:

An egr issue may cause it not to go into regen, if you haven't already give in a good clean

No I haven't touched the egr.. he said the egr wasn't opening. Does that mean it needs cleaning or can be cleaned?  So is that right then the egr can cause your dpf to have issues,?

The EGR takes some of the exhaust gases, cools them and feeds them back into the intake but it reduces the oxygen in the combustion chamber - the EGR can get coked up it can also go hard if there is an EGR issue the car produces more particulate (soot) what can cause the dpf to clog

10 minutes ago, flash22 said:

The EGR takes some of the exhaust gases, cools them and feeds them back into the intake but it reduces the oxygen in the combustion chamber - the EGR can get coked up it can also go hard if there is an EGR issue the car produces more particulate (soot) what can cause the dpf to clog

Oh I see, so In my case in egr is staying shut as shown from the diagnostic, so getting egr replaced should hopefully  fix the issue yes?

Having read what Flash22, Bob, says a dodgy egr can cause excessive soot in the dpf causing a blockage there. Sorting out the egr I would think does not miraculously clear a dpf. So you logically will still have dpf problems.

2 hours ago, Catlover said:

Having read what Flash22, Bob, says a dodgy egr can cause excessive soot in the dpf causing a blockage there. Sorting out the egr I would think does not miraculously clear a dpf. So you logically will still have dpf problems.

Yes I understand, so once I've sorted the egr out will it regen and also just putting dpf cleaner in when the egr is sorted, will that do that trick and maybe a good drive with high revs?

Who knows?   Certainly not me.

1 hour ago, Catlover said:

Who knows?   Certainly not me.

I best get the egr sort and hope for the best 😞

• Like 2

So I was right in thinking it was the egr at fault? Yes it'll play havoc with dpf regen you can buy a replacement off eBay for around £55 may be a better option as they aren't easy to fully clean out internally 

Cleaning an egr out is part of routine maintenance just like servicing I'm sure once you clean or replace it problems will be gone n car back to normal again 

Hope it all goes well mate 

• Thanks 1

I think you will be getting code combo. One caused by the other problem? , it depends how long its been going on but hopefully if you are lucky the egr fix will do the trick it's worth a go mate 

These little diesels are reliable, egr is most common problem 

1 hour ago, xav said:

I think you will be getting code combo. One caused by the other problem? , it depends how long its been going on but hopefully if you are lucky the egr fix will do the trick it's worth a go mate 

These little diesels are reliable, egr is most common problem 

You got the link for the egr and thank you for your feedback and help i appreciate it 

It's ok I don't have link but just look on ebay 

Type yaris d4d egr

First one that comes up for £49 is the one you want 

To fit like I said at start Google 

Yaris mk2 d4d egr valve removal you will see a video of blue car he's removing from 

Although he doesent speak you will see clearly where and what he's doing to remove the egr 

Hope that helps 

Sorry ignore what I have just said that valve is for just upto 08 your will be different on an 09 plate I'll have a look see if I can find one that's right 

Your 09 car seems to use a different one to that which I said unfortunately & cheapest I can find is about £125! 

Still the video I have told you about will give an idea as to where it is although it's not exactly the same as yours 

Could well be worth asking a garage for a quote  how much to clean the one you have unless you feel Confident trying to remove clean and put back together? 

Sorry I couldn't be of more help 

11/2008 onwards there  are 2 types, a 5 pin flat plug and a 6 pin square (ish) plug

Denso part

DEG-0100 - 6 pin £126 delivered

DEG-0102 - 5 pin £180-280

So I'm booked in to the garage Wednesday but was just wondering. When my car isn't working properly  I get really good mpg but when its working its very poor and I drive the same as to when its working or not. Any ideas guys?