Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Led headlights

sam0056

Hi I have a 2003 yaris T spirit. Recently I have started a driving job which takes me along many dark country roads and I was wondering if anyone could advise on some Led headlights which are brighter for the dark roads as the normal halogen bulbs just don't lights up the roads enough. I have been looking at some h7 led lights on Amazon but I'm not sure if it might affect the cars alternator or Battery in a negative way by drawing to much power. Also if someone has used these type of lights before please could you advise on which type I should go for since there are so many on Amazon and it's very confusing. Thanks all for reading 

Instant MOT failure.

Osram Nightbreaker or Philips X-Treme vision bulbs will provide more light, be road legal & wont annoy other road users.

Also check the condition of the lens, if there starting to cloud over that will reduce usable light output - they can be polished clean with the correct product. 

Thanks for the reply I see so the led bulbs are so bright they will fail mot and dazzle other drivers. I am surprised they sell them on Amazon in that case. I read about the osram night breakers but people are saying they only provide slightly more light and don't last long. Also one of the lenses always clouds over and I need to clean it every 2 months but the drivers side lense has always stayed clear which I don't understand.

OK - I'll be that Mr Killjoy. Nothing that's legal will significantly improve your headlights. 

I've tried all the increased light output ones like the Osram Night Breakers, Philips, Halfords etc.. At best they make a small improvement. But it's hardly like night and day difference and, as you say, they don't last. Not half as long as a standard bulb. 

Standard bulbs and keep your lights clean. You can add on some extra lights (rally style). But they will only be of any use if you can do part of your journey on high beam. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, sam0056 said:

I am surprised they sell them on Amazon in that case.

It isn't illegal to sell LED bulbs 

You could look at Philips X-treme Vision Pro150 bulbs which have a longer advertised life than Nightbreaker - 450 hours depending on fitment - and are also available on Amazon.

• Like 1

Thanks allot grief all your replies I will look into the bulbs mentioned at least now I have a better understanding of these things. Come to think of it I doubt the led bulbs would even fit on passenger side as the isn't enough clearance since they stick out to far. I guess I might try to source a second hand lens from the breakers yard for the left side since it clouds over to frequently compared to the drivers side.

I use this title wax headlight cleaner every couple of weeks on my freelander which does seem to keep the lens nice and shiny. It costs around £6 inc delivery on Amazon.

6AF77318-FA39-4A9E-A56B-26219086CDB3.jpeg

• Like 1

Check the voltage at the headlights from the harness. In the corrado you lose almost 2v as the old harness has an inefficient routing. We usually install a set of relays which ensures you get full voltage at the bulbs. I'm sure you could do something similar here too.....assuming the voltage drop is the issue!

Btw Daimler Driver, how long does this seal the lenses for? Most of time i find that in the summer they yellow again quite quickly after using a polish as i don't know what to protect them with.

Obviously due to uv exposure

Hello guys,

i am thinking to buy new LED headlights to replace the standard halogen bulbs. I found on the market plenty of LED bulbs, but after further research and couple of positive comments, ended up in Mover Samsung F3s & Philips Ultinon Essential G2 LED for my HIR2 socket.

Have you ever tried the above bulb? If yes, which of them do you suggest for me?

Thanks

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links