Do Not Sell My Personal Information

WiFi connection

8806jamie

Has anyone had problems with connecting my Toyota apps via vehicle router (WiFi)?

2 hours ago, 8806jamie said:

Has anyone had problems with connecting my Toyota apps via vehicle router (WiFi)?

You either need to register with MyT and subscribe ( there is usually a free demo ) to a data plan for the wifi otherwise there is no network connection or share your data with with the cars head unit via bluetooth tethering

Hi Devon I have registered it with My Toyota but it still does not connect, so when I go on my Toyota via my iPad I should be able to put in my destination on the map & when I get into my vehicle it should download & connect to navigation on the head unit. I’ve had it in Toyota dealer before Xmas and still waiting for a fix.

Jamie, I have found download to car a very poor feature.  On your computer you have no choice of route.  When it arrives at your car is a guess. 

Then finding the route is also tricky as you have no control over the naming though you can edit it when you are in the car. 

There may be ways to fix this but it is not easy.  If Mytoyota otherwise displays your journey data on the App its all working. 

Unlike passenger cars Hilux doesn’t have a Data communication module built in so to get a data connection in car Toyota UK have installed a 4G/Wi-Fi module which is tied into the car headunits WiFi.

On the MyT webpage (not app) You should see a WiFi dashboard, to use the in car WiFi module you need to take out a subscription for this module to have a connection.

Otherwise you can use your mobile phone data via your bluetooth pairing so long as you have mobile data. If you have an Apple this would just work on Android phones you have to turn on tethering.

You say the car is registered on MyT have you input your MyT credentials into the head unit?

If no, in car with bluetooth connected on the head unit press setup button then on LH menu set onscreen scroll down to online - Toyota online - input your user and password if this correct you should see extra options such as map update, send setting etc. Select send settings and wait, if the car is making a connection you should get confirmation, If this all works send to car should work just bear in mind the car has to start, connect to server, download the data then it will show a pop up saying download is complete, the route will be saved waiting for you to start in Favorites in the navigation.

One more point it will not connect if you connect your phone via USB and start Android auto or Apple CarPlay as these override the MyT connection. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Devon Aygo said:

Unlike passenger cars Hilux doesn’t have a Data communication module built in so to get a data connection in car Toyota UK have installed a 4G/Wi-Fi module which is tied into the car headunits WiFi.

On the MyT webpage (not app) You should see a WiFi dashboard, to use the in car WiFi module you need to take out a subscription for this module to have a connection.

Otherwise you can use your mobile phone data via your Bluetooth pairing so long as you have mobile data. If you have an Apple this would just work on Android phones you have to turn on tethering.

You say the car is registered on MyT have you input your MyT credentials into the head unit?

If no, in car with Bluetooth connected on the head unit press setup button then on LH menu set onscreen scroll down to online - Toyota online - input your user and password if this correct you should see extra options such as map update, send setting etc. Select send settings and wait, if the car is making a connection you should get confirmation, If this all works send to car should work just bear in mind the car has to start, connect to server, download the data then it will show a pop up saying download is complete, the route will be saved waiting for you to start in Favorites in the navigation.

One more point it will not connect if you connect your phone via USB and start Android auto or Apple CarPlay as these override the MyT connection. 

Thanks for this advice I’ll give it a go🙂