Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Indicator stalk

_dct_

Hello,

I'm looking at Estima pics online (2006 onwards) and it looks like the indicator stalk is on the right hand side of the steering wheel. Is it possible to convert it to UK spec? I once had a Hyundai i800 (Starex) rental and it was kinda embarrassing to keep turning the wipers on at roundabouts.

Thanks,

Will

Nope, it's a JDM thing - the Estima was never a UK car, the Previa 2000-2006 (ACR30) was the equivalent

i will have a look tho as sometimes there are Asia spec cars

Edit. hybrid or non hybrid ?

In fact for a right hand drive vehicle, the indicator stalk is on the correct side.

The reason that RHD cars in the European market have the indicator stalk on the left, is that in late 70's and 80's European manufacturers decided to standardise their steering column controls on the LHD pattern to reduce costs. Eventually Japanese and Korean manufacturers, especially where they started European based production, followed suit for the European market.

Trust me...you learn to with it, no problem.

My only problem is when I drive my wife's Yaris the damn thing is on the WRONG side..lol