Do Not Sell My Personal Information

oil

Apinelli

Hi I am new here

Can any one tell me what is the best oil I can put in my Avensis T25 1.8 2008?

Should change to fully synthetic oil or keep to semi and how often should I change the oil as I get different info on the net 

Any help would be appreciate 

5W-30 engine oil to either API SL, SM, SN or SP specification. No stipulation re semi synthetic or fully synthetic.

Service intervals 1 year or 10,000 miles, whichever occurs first. Intermediate service at 1 year/10,000 miles, 3 years/30,000, etc, and Full service at 2 years/20,000 miles, 4 years/40,000, etc.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Apinelli said:

Hi I am new here

Can any one tell me what is the best oil I can put in my Avensis T25 1.8 2008?

Should change to fully synthetic oil or keep to semi and how often should I change the oil as I get different info on the net 

Any help would be appreciate 

Toyota’s around that time used semi synthetic 5-40.

1 minute ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

5W-30 engine oil to either API SL, SM, SN or SP specification. No stipulation re semi synthetic or fully synthetic.

Service intervals 1 year or 10,000 miles, whichever occurs first. Intermediate service at 1 year/10,000 miles, 3 years/30,000, etc, and Full service at 2 years/20,000 miles, 4 years/40,000, etc.

You just beat me to it Mike, fastest finger first 🤣👍

• Like 1

Thanks for that so you say that semi synthetic oil will last 10000 miles or a year? 

Any advantage in changing to fully synthetic?

8 minutes ago, Apinelli said:

Thanks for that so you say that semi synthetic oil will last 10000 miles or a year? 

Toyota don't specify whether semi synthetic or synthetic should be used.  Personal choice which you use.

i use 5w40 by Toyota since 2010 as live in the south and hot summer.

i get service once a year or 15000 km as stated in my manual (all 12 years regular official service)

190k on the clock.

during last service i ve changed valves cover gasket (minor leaks due to age) and disclosed my cyl head is clean without carbon deposits.

cheers \ Igor

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Apinelli said:

Any advantage in changing to fully synthetic?

Makes no difference, you still have changes every year or 10,000 miles whichever comes first. The choice is a personal one.