Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Aygo!

NorthantsRob

Just picked this up at the end of last week, it was pre-registered 30th September and had just 4 miles on the clock when I picked her up. So far I'm loving it! 

IMG_1133.JPG

IMG_1132.JPG

• Like 6

Nice I have had three red ones they really do polish up good

• Like 1

Lovely looking car, health to enjoy your Toyota 👏🚘

3 hours ago, Dave the aygo said:

Nice I have had three red ones they really do polish up good

yeah gotta admit I did love my red one.

On 1/19/2022 at 9:07 AM, PetrolDave said:

Looking good - what spec is it?

Its X-Trend, really happy with it. I'm coming from much bigger/more expensive cars (retired now..) but the overall spec is very impressive! 

On 1/18/2022 at 9:31 PM, NorthantsRob said:

Just picked this up at the end of last week, it was pre-registered 30th September and had just 4 miles on the clock when I picked her up. So far I'm loving it! 

IMG_1133.JPG

IMG_1132.JPG

Just now, Didoody said:

Snap. I picked up my new Aygo on 20/1/22. It’s a silver x-clusiv 19 reg with only 4K on the clock. I’m pleased with the spec and how it drives in 2nd gear upwards, but struggling in 1st & reverse. My previous car was a TT roadster & I’m now at an age where it wasn’t practical any more. But I’m missing the powerful engine. The TT was much easier to drive. I feel like I’m learning to drive all over again. How do you find this 998cc engine? Any tips? 

2 minutes ago, Didoody said:

I feel like I’m learning to drive all over again. How do you find this 998cc engine? Any tips? 

Driving a smaller engined car like the Aygo is all about preserving momentum, change down early when you can see a hill or a traffic queue ahead.

Plus I've found that changing out of first ASAP and getting into second soon makes for the best 'traffic light grand prix'!

BTW I used to drive a Mk1 and an Audi RS4 - they were both enjoyable drives, the RS4 because of the shear power (440PS) and the Mk1 because you had to concentrate on 'driving' it.

Thank you for the advice. My TT was a MK 1. I had her 16yrs, but was facing some expensive repairs. To be honest she was wasted on me with only 40k on the clock & she will be 17 in April. The owner of our local garage was very happy to buy her & I was pleased she went to a good home. He can maintain her at cost price. I knew Toyota would have sent her to auction. Sentimental I know?? I’m hoping this Aygo will eventually take up the same place in my heart. Plus with 2 grandkids now on the scene, the Aygo is much more practical. 

On 1/23/2022 at 5:35 PM, Didoody said:

Snap. I picked up my new Aygo on 20/1/22. It’s a silver x-clusiv 19 reg with only 4K on the clock. I’m pleased with the spec and how it drives in 2nd gear upwards, but struggling in 1st & reverse. My previous car was a TT roadster & I’m now at an age where it wasn’t practical any more. But I’m missing the powerful engine. The TT was much easier to drive. I feel like I’m learning to drive all over again. How do you find this 998cc engine? Any tips? 

Sounds like a nice Aygo you bought!

Yes, I'm also getting used to mine - it's absolutely fine but like you, I've been used to driving faster and more powerful (usually company) cars previously and the Aygo requires a different driving style. Great on fuel though! I'm relatively recently retired so this is perfect for me...and I can get my Granddaughter in this, which I couldn't in my old 2-seater.

Boots a bit small but when it's full we know it's got, a weeks food in it for us lol

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Dave the aygo said:

Boots a bit small but when it's full we know it's got, a weeks food in it for us lol

...it is a bit small but prior to the Aygo I was driving an old MG TF - tiny boot in that and, as it shares air space with the mid-engine, it used to get hot in there too. You definitely wouldn't want to put a week of food in a TF boot, it would cook by the time you got home!! 😃

The TT roadster had a fabulously large boot. But then again only 2 seats. If I have a lot of shopping bags there is the option to drop down one or two of the back seats. So I guess that makes them even. 

1 hour ago, Didoody said:

Here’s a photo of my new Aygo D30F6549-307A-4B0D-9687-CDB88BCC26D1.thumb.jpeg.ec5791c696875b4130f4180f47135191.jpeg

Nice car

On 1/25/2022 at 6:17 PM, Didoody said:

Here’s a photo of my new Aygo D30F6549-307A-4B0D-9687-CDB88BCC26D1.thumb.jpeg.ec5791c696875b4130f4180f47135191.jpeg

That's nice, they're really smart little cars aren't they?

I think it's quite a change if you had the TT before.

I had a Mégane 4 and I liked that one better except it needed a new engine on 20.000 miles, design failure in the 1,2 tce. New engine had oil dilution from day 1 on my typical short drives I did.

Didn't want to keep it for that reason but still miss it now. 

I agree you need to drive this car with more attention than many others but I guess it does its job.

I went from 280bhp Scirocco R to an Aygo so very different but enjoy it for its own reasons as expected within its class of course