Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Can I fit a bike in a Yaris?

scgf

I have ordered a new Yaris Design and will need to transport my bicycle occasionally. Is the Yaris big enough for me to carry my bike inside the car? Anyone done this? It would save me an awful lot of money if this was the case!

Hi Phillip, even with the seats down I have no doubt that you would struggle to fit it in. If it’s a folding bike then you have a chance. I believe that you could fit a bike carrier to carry your bike. Or if your bike had quick release wheels then you might possibly succeed in getting it in. I presume that it’s an adult sized bike.

• Like 1

Yes, an adult bike. I was assuming I'd need to take the front wheel off, but I was hoping with the rear seat(s) folded back I might be able to fit it in. I could in my old Renault Twingo!

You might just be able to squeeze it in but the Mk4 Yaris has a very low roof-line and has less interior space than the Mk2.

You'd almost certainly have to remove the front wheel at a minimum! (Of the bicycle, not that car :laugh: )

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The only way you will know for sure is to actually try it. As I’m not a bicycle owner I can’t try it out on mine, but if you got into the twingo you’ve got a fighting chance taking off the front wheel 😊

• Like 1

I know I’m straying a bit from your query, I can fit in two electric golf trolleys batteries and chargers, two big golf bags two small overnight bags and one passenger.👏

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bernard Foy said:

I know I’m straying a bit from your query, I can fit in two electric golf trolleys batteries and chargers, two big golf bags two small overnight bags and one passenger.👏

No you need a Lexus, Audi or better to get into the club, funny trousers and a weird hat are compulsory, not forgetting one glove

• Haha 4

34 minutes ago, flash22 said:

No you need a Lexus, Audi or better to get into the club, funny trousers and a weird hat are compulsory, not forgetting one glove

😂🤣I’m a past Captain of the club Bob, I had a bigger car then.😝🤣🏌🏻

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, flash22 said:

Wheels off, it will go in laying down

Mudguards?

• Like 1

Shouldn't be an issue, had plenty of small cars, and used to ride a fair bit (21" frame) GT and Mongoose full suspension, wheels off and drop the saddle (QR is a must on any bike)

I had a 4x2x3 ft fish tank in a back of a corsa with the boot closed

• Like 1

Front wheel off the bike and you can fit even two bikes imo, small cars with folded seats are roomier than what they seems to be. I had transported once a double sofa with Mitsubishi colt that is a similar size to Yaris, surprisingly at the traffic lights was greeted by fiesta that was transporting a single bed + mattress 🤣👍 small cars are bigger than big cars inside. 

• Like 3

Here's a strange one, i just remembered - i got a Pashley trike in the back of my old 04 Corsa with the rear wheels removed

• Like 1

Are you lot sure you didn't somehow mistake your cars for a TARDIS on those days...??? :laugh: 

• Haha 1