Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris diesel 2012 1364cc slow to get ahead

xrhstosgr

Good morning. I own an auris diesel 2012 1364cc We move on a country road twice a week for a distance of 180 kilometers Recently and while driving for 80 km I make a stop of five minutes and as I get in the car to start it does not get ahead with the first or it will be late to get, I mean with prolonged use the starter If I wait for the engine to cool then no problem will start normally Does anyone have the same problem in touota auris? the generally in touota; If so, how is it treated? What could be the possible cause? I have heard in other forums and in private discussions that it is possible that the injector valve is to blame code: 23280-33020 (0281 006 015) Please for your own experiences on the subject Thank you

So you're saying, after making a short stop for 5 minutes, the car is taking longer to start, cranking longer?

When cold, it starts fine? 

How many miles on the clock?

Μόλις τώρα, η Φουρτούλα είπε:

Δηλαδή, λέτε, μετά από μια σύντομη στάση για 5 λεπτά, το αυτοκίνητο αργεί περισσότερο να ξεκινήσει, γυρίζει περισσότερο τη μίζα;

Όταν κρυώνει, αρχίζει μια χαρά; 

Πόσα μίλια στο ρολόι;

The car has 180,000 kilometers Let me mention that I have checked injectors and pump as well as pump valve and it is ok Yes when it cools it will take normally Thanks

Try searching the forum, i see in similar topic ( but different engine, also diesel), that multiple people reported starter being an issue.

Is the starter turning the same speed when engine is cold, and when warm?

20 minutes ago, furtula said:

Δοκιμάστε να ψάξετε στο φόρουμ, βλέπω σε παρόμοιο θέμα (αλλά διαφορετικό κινητήρα, επίσης ντίζελ), ότι πολλοί άνθρωποι ανέφεραν ότι η μίζα ήταν πρόβλημα.

Γυρίζει η μίζα με την ίδια ταχύτητα όταν ο κινητήρας είναι κρύος και όταν είναι ζεστός;

I think when it is hot it turns faster

EGR and SCV issues are common, when was the diesel filter last changed ? clean the EGR

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, flash22 said:

Τα προβλήματα EGR και SCV είναι κοινά, πότε άλλαξε τελευταία φορά το φίλτρο ντίζελ; καθαρίστε το EGR

If you mean the oil filter I change it every 5,000 to 6,000 thousand kilometers I have not cleaned the EGR for 30,000 thousand kilometers. What do you advise me to do: Should I start cleaning EGR removal? (I have already removed the dpf and deleted it Can I change the starter maybe first? Thanks for the interest shown to me

I  would do as flash22 said first, before replacing parts. 

There are a lot of topics about EGR and SCV cleaning, use the search function, to find more info.

Christos, maybe Flash22 meant when was the inline diesel fuel filter changed?

2 hours ago, Catlover said:

Χρήστο, μήπως εννοούσε το Flash22 πότε άλλαξε το φίλτρο καυσίμου inline diesel;

Good evening my friend Sorry I do not understand what it means: built-in diesel

Πριν από 2 ώρες, ο Catlover είπε:

ενσωματωμένο ντίζελ

1 hour ago, xrhstosgr said:

Good evening my friend Sorry I do not understand what it means: built-in diesel

There will be a filter between the fuel tank and the engine. When was it changed?

10 hours ago, Catlover said:

Θα υπάρχει ένα φίλτρο μεταξύ της δεξαμενής καυσίμου και του κινητήρα. Πότε άλλαξε;

Good morning pal The permanent filter that is immersed in the fuel tank I cleaned 2 years ago about 40,000 kilometers I changed the diesel filter before the injectors 2,000 kilometers ago

IMG-f170174de465291703fc349a05d39e4f-V.jpg

Egr valve is good place to start either clean or replace? that will be causing the issue I think 

Because of the design of egr is hard to clean internally properly 

Good quality diesel like bp ultimate help to keep these things a bit cleaner once on top of. If you have no dpf did you have it mapped out aswell as removed? 

Πριν από 2 λεπτά, ο xav είπε:

Η βαλβίδα Egr είναι καλό μέρος για εκκίνηση είτε καθαρισμού είτε αντικατάστασης; αυτό θα προκαλέσει το πρόβλημα νομίζω 

Λόγω του σχεδιασμού του egr είναι δύσκολο να καθαριστεί εσωτερικά σωστά 

Το ντίζελ καλής ποιότητας, όπως το bp, βοηθά στην απόλυτη διατήρηση αυτών των πραγμάτων λίγο πιο καθαρά. Εάν δεν έχετε dpf, το είχατε χαρτογραφήσει και αφαιρεθεί; 

This is exactly how I deleted it from my brain

Can't read what you have sent but if it's gone from ecu so it's not looking for it should be ok then definatley worth doing the egr I'd say 

Πριν από 6 λεπτά, ο xav είπε:

Η βαλβίδα Egr είναι καλό μέρος για εκκίνηση είτε καθαρισμού είτε αντικατάστασης; αυτό θα προκαλέσει το πρόβλημα νομίζω 

Λόγω του σχεδιασμού του egr είναι δύσκολο να καθαριστεί εσωτερικά σωστά 

Το ντίζελ καλής ποιότητας, όπως το bp, βοηθά στην απόλυτη διατήρηση αυτών των πραγμάτων λίγο πιο καθαρά. Εάν δεν έχετε dpf, το είχατε χαρτογραφήσει και αφαιρεθεί; 

Do you have a photo of egr? If so where is it difficult to clean?

EGR AURIS (2).jpg

7 minutes ago, xav said:

Δεν μπορώ να διαβάσω αυτό που έστειλες, αλλά αν έχει φύγει από ecu οπότε δεν το ψάχνει θα πρέπει να είναι εντάξει τότε σίγουρα αξίζει να κάνεις το egr θα έλεγα 

Thanks for your valuable tips!

I'm driving a yaris d4d with same engine you are using on my car it's quite easy to get to. It's underneath the egr cooler big square thing which will be near your exhaust as its cooling exhaust gases which go through the egr valve to be re circulated back in the engine again 

Just now, xrhstosgr said:

Ευχαριστώ για τις πολύτιμες συμβουλές σας!

I will return to the subject as soon as I have some effect on the problem Thanks

Sorry when you open bonnet take engine cover off the egr cooler is first thing you see between radiator and engine block 

Cooler is large long squarish silver unit this must be removed and lifted  to gain access to the egr underneath 

Egr isntt very big, it must be removed and cleaned aswell as pipework joining to it 

You will see how blocked they get from exhaust gas crud use driver to scrape out and some rags, replace may need to top coolant if any is list is a dirty pain of a job to do but worth doing 

10 hours ago, xav said:

Συγγνώμη όταν ανοίγετε το καπό αφαιρέστε το κάλυμμα κινητήρα από το ψυγείο egr είναι το πρώτο πράγμα που βλέπετε μεταξύ ψυγείου και μπλοκ κινητήρα 

Ο ψύκτης είναι μια μεγάλη, μακριά, τετραγωνισμένη ασημένια μονάδα που πρέπει να αφαιρεθεί και να σηκωθεί για να αποκτήσετε πρόσβαση στο egr από κάτω 

Το Egr δεν είναι πολύ μεγάλο, πρέπει να αφαιρεθεί και να καθαριστεί καθώς και οι σωληνώσεις να ενωθούν με αυτό 

Θα δείτε πόσο μπλοκάρονται από το ακάθαρτο καυσαέριο, χρησιμοποιήστε το πρόγραμμα οδήγησης για να ξύσει και μερικά κουρέλια, μπορεί να χρειαστεί να αντικαταστήσετε το ψυκτικό υγρό, εάν υπάρχει η λίστα είναι μια βρώμικη δουλειά που πρέπει να κάνετε, αλλά αξίζει να κάνετε 

OK thanks. I will try it, I just thought of removing it from the brain completely, after first plugging it. however thank you for your advice

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links