Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Corolla 2.0 Touring Sports delivered

frazthewise

My new Corolla 2.0L Touring Sports Excel was delivered today. Very pleasantly surprised. Predicted to give 7/10 actually awarding 9/10

Positives? More comfortable driving position than anticipated, sports seats cuddle you! Quieter other than a little wind noise. Comfortable suspension, although will check tyre pressures. Having test driven 1.8, so glad I chose a 2.0L, more relaxed drive,more responsive. The CVT is less obvious too and only rears it's ugly head when you accelerate hard. Lots of room in the boot, like the red trim. Headroom is not as restricted by the panoramic sun roof as I thought. Controls are logical.

Negatives? MY21.5  not MY22. The labelling on the buttons poor, need a torch to read them! Went to get more petrol and realised I did not know how to open the fuel cap!! Had to look it up on the internet.

20220120_110651.jpg

20220120_110633.jpg

20220120_110705.jpg

• Like 12

Very nice indeed. You will enjoy that 2.0L power.

• Thanks 1

Just picked mine up too! Love it! So Quiet and not intimidating as my other car. I’ll post pictures tomorrow:)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Very nice!

I like the red trim, do you have it going down the sides too? 

My TS is in manhattan grey and I'm toying with the idea of getting the same trims in black

• Like 1

Good choice, I have had mine (also an Excel with the panoramic roof) a few weeks and and am quite happy with my choice too.  Here's to many miles of happy motoring. 

20220109_141604.thumb.jpg.cd8c9d11ab4e3fa82a4b04724dc8e113.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DavidTC said:

Very nice!

I like the red trim, do you have it going down the sides too? 

My TS is in manhattan grey and I'm toying with the idea of getting the same trims in black

Yes, red trim front, back and sides. Very swish.

I just love the boot space in the Touring Sports. 

20220122_134008.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, frazthewise said:

20220122_134008.jpg

The (removable) pockets at the back of the boot in the floor are great too. Lots to love about the TS boot. 

I used the cargo net today with my sons bike taking up much of the boot, it served to stop the handlebars protruding into the rear cabin. 

it’s great the TS has this, and all the storage pockets all over the boot 

• Like 2

Found the rear suspension a little hard, checked tyre pressures and discovered they were inflated ready for a max load only on the rear tyres (+5psi). Made a difference adjusting the rear though, far more comfortable.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, frazthewise said:

Found the rear suspension a little hard, checked tyre pressures and discovered they were inflated ready for a max load only on the rear tyres (+5psi). Made a difference adjusting the rear though, far more comfortable.

Mine was running 37psi all round when I collected it.  I really don't understand why the dealers do this.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Meld said:

Mine was running 37psi all round when I collected it.  I really don't understand why the dealers do this.

They are inflated much higher for transport, I would expect them to reduce the pressure though before the handover.

• Like 1

Pah, only 37psi? Mine was given to me with all 4 tyres at 60psi!! :eek: 

PDI? What's a PDI? :laugh: 

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, frazthewise said:

20220122_134008.jpg

Sold, definitely a Sport or a Cross next. We shall have to see. 

How did you open the filler?  We couldn't find it when we had a demonstrator. 

A little handle on the floor by the drivers door!!!

2 hours ago, Cyker said:

Pah, only 37psi? Mine was given to me with all 4 tyres at 60psi!! :eek: 

PDI? What's a PDI? :laugh: 

What is PDI?

The pre-delivery inspection (PDI) is the final check carried out by the dealer on a car before they hand it over to you. During the PDI, the car is examined to make sure it is working with no mechanical issues and is ready and safe to be driven on the road.

2 hours ago, frazthewise said:

A little handle on the floor by the drivers door!!!

usually they have a white logo printed on those handles that is easy to see in the dark, not here on corolla 🙂

8 minutes ago, 50p said:
What is PDI?

The pre-delivery inspection (PDI) is the final check carried out by the dealer on a car before they hand it over to you. During the PDI, the car is examined to make sure it is working with no mechanical issues and is ready and safe to be driven on the road.

oops, a bit quick there. Now realise was probably a tongue in cheek statement!

• Haha 1

It was but still good to let others know what it stands for :laugh: 

I do tend to use acronyms a lot, even when taking the mickey :laugh: 

• Haha 1

To my dealer's credit, mine was exactly the recommended pressure (31 PSI from memory) all round when I checked.

Went on our first run yesterday, 23 miles and recorded supposedly 60% Battery at 54mpg, so very pleased for a 2.0L.

• Like 2