Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris hybrid

Tee 71

Any info would be appreciated,I have auris hybrid 2016.the last few days it has developed hesitation and a rattle when idle at 2 bars on hybrid Battery charge....the things I have done so far are as follows 

Cleaned the egr pipe 

Cleaned the throttle body

Changed the spark plugs 

And service the car still no joy 

Any information would be appreciated thank you 

Also no error codes on a check either..hesitates more when i drive sometimes it goes then comes back thanks 

Hi, it’s the egr valve, egr cooler and intake manifold the small holes where the air goes from egr pipe into the combustion chambers, these needs properly cleaned. Here on the picture shown with red circles. New gasket for the manifold should be used afterwards, and a good idea to replace or at least check the pcv valve located behind the manifold. Gasket cost around £20 and pcv around £30. Also I can recommend to you to use E5 99 petrol instead of E10 95, it helps against these nasty knocks, and as preventative maintenance a bottle of injector cleaner or catalytic converter and lambda sensor cleaner made by wynns, no others . Follow strictly the instructions. 
Good luck 👍

E865326F-D282-4E94-9C8E-6035DB55B84B.jpeg

Also this video will help you too. That guy has more videos about these cars very helpful.  You can search for manifold cleaning etc. Cleaning only the pipe will not do much, also the egr valve needs to be dismantled from the cooler and cleaned nicely. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links