Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Storage ideas

Tristan. S

I had a few storage compartments that you could close in my last car, i could store receipts it one , cash in another , sunglasses etc, everything was concealed and easy to access. Has anyone found any good storage solutions that doesn't leave it all on show. Glove box is a decent size,  central console is ok but i don't want to be rummaging through them looking for coins. 

Yeah, I do miss the insane amount of closeable storage bins in the Yaris Mk2!

All modern cars just have this massive chunk of wasted space on the passenger-side dash which is just begging for an upper level glovebox, like several earlier Toyotas had!

• Like 2

Correct, plus the only top spec Corolla has two front seat rear pockets, others has only one 🤭

58 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

Correct, plus the only top spec Corolla has two front seat rear pockets, others has only one 🤭

Can't see the point.  They have to make sets with pockets and sets without.  Simplify production and supply if they made just two pocket version. 

• Like 1

Yaris doesn't even get *one* unless you get above Design spec!!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

49 minutes ago, Cyker said:

And I use both of these every day. Toyota should read and take a note. They do cut useable futures that people use and like . 

1 hour ago, Cyker said:

Yes, but it makes you think about the junk you might leave in the car !

Peter, my seat pockets, if I had two, would be for the road map for when the Satnav runs out of ideas, and my emergency waistcoats. 

• Like 3

I have a lot of junk in the car :laugh: 

You never know when you'll need it!!! :fear: :laugh:

• Haha 2

My work folder in one side and side windows blinds in the other, ultra important items for my work., now with no Prius available anymore I only have to choose excel Corolla with sport seats that most likely will be ultra uncomfortable for quick naps on the go. 

I keep belt and braces in the boot.  A super soft blanket, a space blanket (had it for 50 years), and a jump start Battery.  Also an inflator not withstanding I have a space saver wheel. 

If away overnight a snow brush, snow socks and a de-icer. 

5 hours ago, Tristan. S said:

I had a few storage compartments that you could close in my last car, i could store receipts it one , cash in another , sunglasses etc, everything was concealed and easy to access. Has anyone found any good storage solutions that doesn't leave it all on show. Glove box is a decent size,  central console is ok but i don't want to be rummaging through them looking for coins. 

DB2BD4A5-AEA6-4B96-A3C3-173E879C8346.thumb.jpeg.86ecdc1d8451afa7f80ed6d805c2844f.jpegyou could invest in one of these little storage bins that fits in a cup holder, useful for loose coins for parking meters and shopping trolleys.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, daimler.driver said:

you could invest in one of these little storage bins that fits in a cup holder, useful for loose coins for parking meters and shopping trolleys.

That's one good use for those ash trays!

Does the UK still have coin operated parking meters ?

1 hour ago, Roy124 said:

Peter, my seat pockets, if I had two, would be for the road map for when the Satnav runs out of ideas, and my emergency waistcoats. 

You have a point about the Hi Viz jackets, they were in the pockets in the seat backs of the 208. Toyota supplied a nice emergency kit with the my Yaris, right now it's on the floor in the back. definitely not an ideal solution. Satnav run out of ideas ? They run out of ideas ?? Mostly their ideas are crazy !

Seriously, until now the only place I couldn't get a route, with Waze, was trying to find a route from Hyden to Perth, WA. Although TomTom saved the day. Mrs Stopeter44 likes maps, I hate carrying superfluous stuff around, but yes, you get a better idea of where you are with a map.

• Like 1

Satnav will take you round a square.  A map allows you to drive across it.  Once, from Princess Risborough to Walters Ash my Satnav got us there but I have no idea, and single track roads with no passing places and fading light was not fun. 

More recently, near Bodmin, even Google could not dig us out.  Finally, we called my brother in law "in front we have a 5 steel bar gate with a broken bar.  On our right we have sweet corn" 

"Take the next right" followed by "I see you". 

His post code is 3 miles from his cottage. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Roy124 said:

His post code is 3 miles from his cottage. 

Ah yes, I'd forgotten the nicety of UK post codes, they tend to identify a house, or group of houses on a street. I don't have that (dis)advantage where I go, but there plenty of places where the Satnavs are a bit lost. Around my way for example the houses are numbered by where they are on the street (but not always), with the reference point being the beginning of the street/road. N° 43 is not the 43rd house on the street, but the house that is 43 metres from the beginning of the street. The Satnavs are not that smart, yet.

• Haha 2

I miss my sunglasses cubby. Can't even get them to hang over the mirror in this car ☹️

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Amazon or AliExpress are a good start for a storage accessories for any car, there should be some options available for Corolla too. 👍

12 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

Amazon or AliExpress are a good start for a storage accessories for any car, there should be some options available for Corolla too. 👍

I've searched just everywhere online that I can think of but can't find anything suitable. I was looking for something I could hang over the rear of the front seats. Amazon have a couple of possibilities but they're either too big, too small or look too cheap and nasty. Most of the ones available tend to be for use by children. As I'm going to be out on the roads working I need storage space for an ipad various folders and some other stationery items.  I may have to resort to buying myself some sort of attache case and keep it on the back seat.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Stopeter44 said:

Ah yes, I'd forgotten the nicety of UK post codes, they tend to identify a house, or group of houses on a street. I don't have that (dis)advantage where I go, but there plenty of places where the Satnavs are a bit lost. Around my way for example the houses are numbered by where they are on the street (but not always), with the reference point being the beginning of the street/road. N° 43 is not the 43rd house on the street, but the house that is 43 metres from the beginning of the street. The Satnavs are not that smart, yet.

How long before Satnav can recognise what three words? 

18 minutes ago, Roy124 said:

How long before Satnav can recognise what three words? 

Sorry, you've lost me ?

What.Three.Words is a location App.  It will define your location to a 10m square anywhere in the world.

Most emergency services can use it to find you.  "I'm in a ditch about 5 miles past a roundabout" is not as useful. You do of course need a mobile phone. I am at:

///plump.prompts.couches

😉

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Eagleman said:

Have a look at this;

https://what3words.com/about

It's new to me, I'll look into it.

It's very clever, but doesn't know my address, but I can get the 3 words that map it using the application. I loaded it on to my phone, but I really don't know how it will help me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Roy124 said:

It will define your location to a 10m square anywhere in the world

That's a 3m square. 😌

• Like 1