Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

UK BZ4X pre-order available

Malop

I have been investigating a BEV, looked at a few now.

Dropped into the local Subaru dealer today to ask about the Solterra, some arriving as demo's in July apparently, customer delivery likely Jan 2023... 220 mile range is poor.. 

As said in this thread, the efficiency needs pulling back.. especially with the way energy prices are going.. 

2 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

Very few Evs currently are interesting and efficient although there’s plenty of choice to pick from small or big. I have read recently comparison between Tesla model 3 and Hyundai saloon petrol how long they managed to last in idle (ready mode. ).The purpose of test was as a result of bad weather in US and many stranded cars on a major interstate highway. Tesla been more efficient however the Hyundai lasted 5 hrs more because of its larger tank of fuel in comparison to Tesla battery. Tesla managed 47hrs 100% to 0%🔋 and the Hyundai 52hrs with full tank of petrol ️. My point here is that Toyota self charging hybrid will beat them both and here it is why: fill up petrol full set in ready mode and turn heating ON at 22C° the engine will run approximately 2min every 10 min of time at 0°C outside air temperature., which makes it at least 3 -4 times more efficient than only petrol powered car or full ev. Toyota boss may turn to be right to ask governments to stop pushing into Evs of yet. 👍

Yeah, despite all the slating they got from EV people for saying that I tend to agree - It'd be better to use the lithium we have to get more people in affordable lower emission cars, than have only a few people in extremely expensive zero emission cars and the vast majority stuck in polluting cars.

But that doesn't look as good in campaign pamphlets.

Just back from local dealership who think they may have a bZ4X demonstrator available around May, the list of potential customers is growing with quite a bit of interest. I’m betting Toyota will be able to sell/lease everything they have available this year 🤔

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got an email from Toyota UK telling me about the car and how to secure one via the £99 deposit scheme.  This also has links to the various grades and options and of course the price list. Top grade Premier Edition is a staggering £51.5K but add a selected paint colour and add another £1k.

https://www.toyota.co.uk/new-cars/bz4x/grades?Category=Electric&Customer=6746447&CampaignID=C8402&BrochureRCode=RC124523&TestdriveRCode=RC124524&SLVariant=SL1&utm_campaign=BZ4XOnlineReserveEM&utm_source=CRM&utm_medium=email&utm_content=E01

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ernieb said:

Finally got an email from Toyota UK telling me about the car and how to secure one via the £99 deposit scheme.  This also has links to the various grades and options and of course the price list. Top grade Premier Edition is a staggering £51.5K but add a selected paint colour and add another £1k.

https://www.toyota.co.uk/new-cars/bz4x/grades?Category=Electric&Customer=6746447&CampaignID=C8402&BrochureRCode=RC124523&TestdriveRCode=RC124524&SLVariant=SL1&utm_campaign=BZ4XOnlineReserveEM&utm_source=CRM&utm_medium=email&utm_content=E01

But you can have a Toyota  all electric vehicle starting at £42k

2 hours ago, ernieb said:

Seems to me that there is no adjustable passenger seats, not even manual, at any trim level

On 2/9/2022 at 8:15 AM, Catlover said:

But you can have a Toyota  all electric vehicle starting at £42k

Joe, yes that’s true but a somewhat restricted spec for the money.

On 2/9/2022 at 8:54 AM, HSDish said:

Seems to me that there is no adjustable passenger seats, not even manual, at any trim level

agree, and that seems really poor for the top level specification and price.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/9/2022 at 9:39 AM, ernieb said:

I realy miss that option.

I can´t see any Toyota electric or PHEV with adjustable passenger seat coming in the nearest years so I,m tempted to try another brand while waiting for Toyotas

If RAV 4 PHEV had adjustable passenger seat I´ve had bought one a year ago.

(I´ve asked for modifications on RAV 4 but thats not possible, at least not here in Sweden)

On 2/9/2022 at 9:39 AM, ernieb said:

That’s pretty poor on a premium model, or any model for that matter.  I’m sure Toyota and dealers will be wanting feedback on the bZ4X when it arrives. Make sure you test drive one and let them know your thoughts. Seating is very important to us , the boss has back problems, and getting comfortable is # 1 priority for her , either driving or as a passenger. 

• Like 1

On 2/10/2022 at 5:45 AM, AndyRC said:

That’s pretty poor on a premium model, or any model for that matter.  I’m sure Toyota and dealers will be wanting feedback on the bZ4X when it arrives. Make sure you test drive one and let them know your thoughts. Seating is very important to us , the boss has back problems, and getting comfortable is # 1 priority for her , either driving or as a passenger. 

It is a weird one, you'd think ordering the same seat both sides for all markets would save Toyota money?

As it is, they have to order seats for RHD passengers and then seats for LHD passengers!

Although I have lower back issues, I've never had an issue with any of the Toyota seats over the years.

Dealer I've ordered with has told me 3rd week of May for the demo car to be available - it actually arrives at the beginning of May but they need to use it for staff training, cheaper than sending them all over to Japan!

I’ve placed a reservation for the Premier Edition, not heard anything further since doing so last week. 

Not totally convinced on the model, a little smaller than I’d ideally like and the performance is underwhelming. But it’s an interesting design, has some good features, that reassuring Toyota Badge and will be a great residual bet I’m sure. 

Planning to test drive an EV6 and an Ioniq 5 next week, so they have a chance to retake pole position in my thinking. 

• Like 1

Does anyone have any indication on what the PCP interest rate will be on these?

I’ve currently got an order for a Corolla on the 0% deal that’s still a few months away. But I’m very tempted to hold out for a BZ4X. I see the Corolla as plugging the gap until I find a suitable EV anyway, so it could be worth it for me.

I’m not expecting 0% (since the Yaris Cross came out at 2.9%), but just an indication so I can do some maths.

No indication of pcp costs that I’ve seen. 

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone else had an email to spec their Premiere Edition? 

Road test and review of a pre release model in this weeks Auto Express.

Toyota are looking to focus heavily on “kinto one”. A form of leasing which bundles everything into one monthly payment.

£611 per month over 3 years with a £3662 initial rental.All bZ4X owners will benefit from a home wallbox, 6 months free access to Toyota’s charging network and 3 years roadside assistance.

The same car on a PCP costs £670 per month with the same deposit but servicing is £12 per month extra.

• Thanks 1

... or even: https://www.kinto-mobility.co.uk/

As far as I can tell, "KINTO One is a new generation Long Term Rental for company car drivers and business owners" so not applicable to the private motorist - well, not yet, at least.

• Thanks 1

On 3/7/2022 at 6:44 PM, bristolmotorspeedway said:

Anyone else had an email to spec their Premiere Edition? 

The Premier Edition orders are being handled by Toyota Europe so you have to lock down your order earlier than the 'normal' range. 

Dealer advised me yesterday that 11kW models might arrive in September rather than December as previously expected!

On 3/9/2022 at 1:58 PM, philip42h said:

... or even: https://www.kinto-mobility.co.uk/

As far as I can tell, "KINTO One is a new generation Long Term Rental for company car drivers and business owners" so not applicable to the private motorist - well, not yet, at least.

And now available on a Personal Contract Hire Offer (Kinto One Personal Contract Hire) - which seems to be the next step ...

On 2/15/2022 at 1:51 PM, WideEddy said:

Does anyone have any indication on what the PCP interest rate will be on these?

I’ve currently got an order for a Corolla on the 0% deal that’s still a few months away. But I’m very tempted to hold out for a BZ4X. I see the Corolla as plugging the gap until I find a suitable EV anyway, so it could be worth it for me.

I’m not expecting 0% (since the Yaris Cross came out at 2.9%), but just an indication so I can do some maths.

Yaris Cross or Corolla cross rates would be good benchmarks. 

The PCP rates are quoted on the web site - at 4.9% APR

It will be interesting to see what the PCP monthlies are.   It's all about depreciation as well as list cost, as thats what you are paying for essentially.

Wow.  Maybe not then given that it's nigh on twice what I'm paying for the rav now.

PCP rates have already been posted …

”£611 per month over 36 months with ….” See above post.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links