Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Head light level

wildtapholer

Well on a up note, I set the lights on 0 took the car for the test and it sailed through, I asked about the lights and they said they were fine.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

If ur referring to the adjustable light wheel under the right side of the dash.. I usually set it to ensure I have best visibility without blinding on coming vehicles. Also does anyone know if this veh has a parking light that remains on after switching off the engine? For parking in dark areas? 

Ooh, a zombie thread. Just about the right time of year.

:death:

2 hours ago, Darrylm said:

Also does anyone know if this veh has a parking light that remains on after switching off the engine? For parking in dark areas?

Does it not have a parking or sidelight position on the switch/stalk? (My 2018 Mk3 does, but not sure if your 2021 is a Mk 3 or 4.)

Sidelights only stay on for 20 mins, then go off. Will NOT work for overnight parking!!

I never found any parking light capability on the car. Not sure how this is legal as AFAIK the law on parking lights did not change.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/the-highway-code/waiting-and-parking-238-to-252#:~:text=Rule 249,(48 km%2Fh).

[quote]

Rule 249

All vehicles MUST display parking lights when parked on a road or a lay-by on a road with a speed limit greater than 30 mph (48 km/h).[/quote]

Are you sure? I left mine on all day once as I forgot to turn them off (Had to turn them on as the Auto kept randomly turning on the dipped beams and it was annoying me - Curse you lack of an Off mode!).

I remember them being on still when I went back to the car some hours later, as I had been reading the original very long 12v thread the day before, and got scared I'd drained the 12v Battery :eek:  but it was all fine! :laugh: 

I remember my E39 would keep the sidelights on front & rear if you moved the indicator stalk after turning the engine off, it would light whichever side you had "indicated" and would stay on until you turned them off.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links