Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris key fob

Wozza M

My wife has a 2018 Yaris hybrid

Her dashboard message states key fob Battery low, does anyone know how to change the Battery ourselves and will there be any problems

It is very easy to do.   You can open the 'holder' using the key itself.  Take the key out and on the bottom of the unit is a slot, put the end of the key in the slot and turn.  The unit will split and you can then see the Battery. When putting a new Battery in make sure it is the right way up and there is no film on the underside, then just click the top and bottom together. I would suggest that you use a good make of Battery like Duracel.

Its very easy there are full instructions in the user manual and untold videos on youtube

Only use a decent quality CR2032 Duracell, Energize and the like, make sure you check the date on the packet too

Random vid

Hi Warren, as Flash22 says.... only use quality button batteries. There are lots of cheapos on the market, and no doubt fakes. I go for Duracel or Energiser, I keep away from  Panosonic batteries, have had problems with there AA, AAA so lost confidence.