Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Manhattan Grey 2.0 TS Delivered

RzrAzr

Back in spring, I filled out a web form to test drive a 2.0 TS out of curiosity because I've started searching for a daily driver since the FJ Cruiser's monstrosity isn't fit for a small Spanish town. It is a bit of a story about how I ended up here with the FJ, and I could get into details if anybody cares. To my surprise, a day later, someone called from local Toyota and offered a test drive in about a week. It turns out they shipped a brand new 2.0 TS from somewhere else in Spain for me to test drive. I was very impressed with handling and dynamics, something I had never expected from a Toyota, now that I owned and drove a few. 

Then later in summer, I got a quotation on a top trim with a sunroof. Upon revisiting the dealer to pay my deposit, something has changed internally, and I was no longer able to spec it with Pear White (which in turn made choosing Manhattan Grey easier). Sunroof now came in a package with leather, heated back seats and, HUD. They have also downsized to 17" from the 18" wheels. Overall, about one grand difference. I was able to negotiate roof bars and rubber floor mats all around without a price increase.

Finally, it is here, sadly not an MY22 as I was hoping but perhaps not a bad thing as I do like physical buttons on the multimedia and only use Apple Carplay. 

So far had about 150km of motorways and 75 in the city, my overall Hybrid Score is 86, and my average fuel consumption is 5.9 l/100km (47.8 UK MPG). I expected a slightly better figure, but it is still a lot better than 15 liters/100km in the FJ. The weather didn't drop below 10 C, so it isn't particularly cold. 

I am completely in love with the car; there's some getting used to, as "virtual" parking sensors are screaming at me when I'm getting to my spot in my narrow parking garage. 

Dislike how light the key is; it just feels very cheap. I ordered a metal cover from Aliexpress to solve this problem. Also wish there was a way to scroll between tank consumption and trip consumption. Other than that, enjoying all bells and whistles, adaptive cruise control, and lane-keeping assist make for a very relaxing drive on the motorway. I think dropping it into Eco mode helps. Kick sensor is nice and fun when opening the boot. I haven't tested the matrix headlights yet, but they do this cool light run when the car starts up. BSM and RCTA are pretty useful. I am not even going to try the auto parking feature. 

P.s. I've tried to keep it short, clearly I have failed 🙂

IMG_2631.jpeg

IMG_2622.jpeg

IMG_2621.jpeg

• Like 10

Amazing! My 2.0 TS is coming in Manhattan grey in a few months. Really looking forward to it. The 17" wheels are the perfect size imo.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, RzrAzr said:

Dislike how light the key is; it just feels very cheap. I ordered a metal cover from Aliexpress to solve this problem. Also wish there was a way to scroll between tank consumption and trip consumption. Other than that, enjoying all bells and whistles, adaptive cruise control, and lane-keeping assist make for a very relaxing drive on the motorway. I think dropping it into Eco mode helps. Kick sensor is nice and fun when opening the boot. I haven't tested the matrix headlights yet, but they do this cool light run when the car starts up. BSM and RCTA are pretty useful. I am not even going to try the auto parking feature. 

Glad you like all the goodies, I feel the same, more or less, about my new Yaris. Still unsure about the eco mode, tried it a few days and have gone back to normal. I can't really detect a difference in my usage. BSM & RCTA are great, and it hits the brakes hard if need be.

The only thing I don't like is RSA (Road Sign Assist), it's wrong too often, and I'd like to be able to permanently turn it off.  I wrote to Toyota France asking for the firmware update. Who knows ? If enough customers complain maybe they will do something about it. As for the lightweight key, I put on my heavyish car key holder and I didn't notice.

I agree about the key, good to be light in the pocket, but hardly feels a premium item. Good you can switch the key off to save Battery. Like you said, the dynamics of Toyota cars has improved no end. Enjoy, and do not forget to polish today!!🤣

11 hours ago, Hardy888 said:

Amazing! My 2.0 TS is coming in Manhattan grey in a few months. Really looking forward to it. The 17" wheels are the perfect size imo.

They are perfect from the practical point of view. However teenager in me does not agree.

9 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

Really good looking car 🚙 

Thanks Tony 🙂

4 hours ago, StreetHawk said:

Lovely car! Congrats 👍

Cheers

3 hours ago, Stopeter44 said:

Glad you like all the goodies, I feel the same, more or less, about my new Yaris. Still unsure about the eco mode, tried it a few days and have gone back to normal. I can't really detect a difference in my usage. BSM & RCTA are great, and it hits the brakes hard if need be.

The only thing I don't like is RSA (Road Sign Assist), it's wrong too often, and I'd like to be able to permanently turn it off.  I wrote to Toyota France asking for the firmware update. Who knows ? If enough customers complain maybe they will do something about it. As for the lightweight key, I put on my heavyish car key holder and I didn't notice.

I was playing around and changed the warning of RSA to +10 kph as that is when it is considered an offence here, but it felt pretty accurate although I don't keep track of it. What I was really glad that does not get turned on by default is the Lane keeping assist. As far as I can remember, it was ON by default in the test drive Corolla, and the lady from the showroom told she is very annoyed by it and always turns it off in the city.

2 hours ago, frazthewise said:

I agree about the key, good to be light in the pocket, but hardly feels a premium item. Good you can switch the key off to save battery. Like you said, the dynamics of Toyota cars has improved no end. Enjoy, and do not forget to polish today!!🤣

I actually took the car to the detailer for a quotation. Considering if I should do nano coating. A total of 500 EUR seems a bit steep, but they'll be doing  a two stage polish and nano coating. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RzrAzr said:

As far as I can remember, it was ON by default in the test drive Corolla, and the lady from the showroom told she is very annoyed by it and always turns it off in the city.

I can understand that POV, but now that I have set the warning to Steering wheel vibration, rather than the beep, I think it is very good. It doesn't always keep me on track when I think it should, but does so often enough for it to be worthwhile. LTA defaults to "on" in the Yaris and the beeps were too much. The speed limit reminders, I have completely disabled. I'm pretty good at sticking at the limit give or take a couple of kph.

15 hours ago, Hardy888 said:

You will love it. Mine still looks like new after 10,000 miles and a little over a year. Even looks great when it’s filthy. I found the 17s a bit small at first, however once the tyres had worn in a bit, they look just right now 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links