Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Disconnect battery

Pietro Sabbadin

Hi everyone,

I would like to disconnect the Battery of my Aygo 1.0 X-Press (bought in 2020) because for 3 weeks I will not use the car. Do you know if it is needed to have the so called 'radio code' in order to be able to use the car when I will recconect the Battery again? 

Thanks in advance.

No code..

• Like 1

Most cars of that age will sit happily for 3 weeks without the batteries draining.

36 minutes ago, Wiz201 said:

Most cars of that age will sit happily for 3 weeks without the batteries draining.

I left my Mk1 for 6 weeks whilst on holiday in the US, it started first time with no problems.

• Like 2

Agree with the above.My wifes Aygo wasn,t used for 2 months recently.It started straight up a few days ago.I wouldn,t bother disconnecting the Battery.

If you been spooked by the batteries going flat on Toyota hybrids, I think you can relax, it is hybrid specific. As long as you haven’t already got a dodgy Battery, or an alternator not charging proper, should be ok.

3 hours ago, Cyker said:

Hmm, so could we fix it by sticking an Aygo battery in our Hybrids?? :laugh: 

If it will fit in alongside the usual Battery, sure, why not? A pair of parallel links.....instant Ah upgrade! 😁

8 hours ago, Red_Corolla said:

If it will fit in alongside the usual battery, sure, why not? A pair of parallel links.....instant Ah upgrade! 😁

... until one Battery starts to fail when the other Battery will try to keep it charged and will kill itself as well.

Connecting two batteries permanently in parallel isn't a great idea - where two batteries are fitted (e.g. in a campervan) they are fitted using a split charger system to prevent one Battery killing the other.

6 minutes ago, PetrolDave said:

... until one battery starts to fail when the other battery will try to keep it charged and will kill itself as well.

Connecting two batteries permanently in parallel isn't a great idea - where two batteries are fitted (e.g. in a campervan) they are fitted using a split charger system to prevent one battery killing the other.

It was a tongue-in-cheek remark, Dave 🙂. I wouldn't dare do it on a Hybrid for fear of overburdening the charging system.

I have seen it done on breakdown service vans years ago, because they were forever being used to give jump starts. I guess they rely on the portable units these days. I would imagine they used to upgrade the alternators, too, as that would be the main area of concern.

23 minutes ago, PetrolDave said:

... until one battery starts to fail when the other battery will try to keep it charged and will kill itself as well.

Connecting two batteries permanently in parallel isn't a great idea - where two batteries are fitted (e.g. in a campervan) they are fitted using a split charger system to prevent one battery killing the other.

The welder / fabricator we use has a fancy split charge system on his Transit - the auxiliary Battery is used to run all the led work & orange warning lights fitted to the van.

• Like 2