Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2008 Prius 1.5T Spirit infotainment

MrEco

Hi, so I'm looking to purchase the above car, in the next few days (UK) and wondered if anyone has changed the infotainment in one of these to a modern andriod unit? I'm wondering can it be done? I would look to buy the unit myself and get someone to install. Just wondering if anyone has already done this? Does the car have bluetooth

TIA

Yes, people have changed the radio/CD for a modern unit, so yes, it can be done.  You want to make sure that a steering wheel controls harness is used so you retain the use of the steering wheel button continue to work.

Yes the T-Spirt has bluetooth but it only will pair so you can use your phone handsfree.  It will not stream music.  A cheap add on such as this one:

TUNAI Firefly LDAC Bluetooth Receiver: High Resolution Wireless Audio Bluetooth 5.0 Adapter with Audiophile USB DAC 3.5mm AUX for Car/Home Stereo Hi Res Music Streaming; Auto On, No Charging Needed

apparently works.  One end of it plugs into a the aux-in plug in the console and, to power the TUNAI adapter, you also need a USB power plug to go in the 12V power plug next to it.  The other end (the USB plug) plugs into the power adapter.  The sound quality is reportedly very good.

I personally have not done either operation so am only relaying what I have read other people have done.

I hope that is of some help.

• Like 1

Many thanks Josepth thats very helpful. taking delivery of a 2009 Prius 1.5T Spritit on 27/1/22. 

I upgraded my headset to an Android systemon my 2006 model just this weekend along with  12" digital review mirror. Both great upgrades.

The unique wiring of the JBL amp can defeat the fitting of a 2DIN aftermarket unit but Halfords have a wiring loom adapter. I fitted a JVC head unit to my 2007

One trick with the JBL amp is to set the volume at around the mid-point before disconnecting the old head unit.  If the amp volume is set too low, or loo loud you will have problems adjusting the volume on the new head unit.

• Thanks 1