Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Yaris Cross is missing in delivery to retailer

R Berisford

On Friday I received an email from Toyota to inform me that my new Yaris Cross is now at my retailer.  It was previously in derbyshire for a few weeks.  On Satirday I visited my retailer and he checked and found that my csr was NOT at their premises.

Maybe Toyota decided to deliver it to another retailer.  Or is it stolen ?  What is going on ?   The car is shown as "now at retailer" on their web site.

I would advise contacting Toyota customer services

Have done so by email.  Apparently they are very busy !!!!! 

9 minutes ago, R Berisford said:

Have done so by email.  Apparently they are very busy !!!!! 

Keep us update on the findings please

Clueless dealers, it's more than likely sitting in their storage and hasn't been put into the system yet - hurry up and wait

Hi OP, how many weeks did your yaris cross sit in “derbyshire”? Mine’s currently there

1 hour ago, joeylittleh said:

Hi OP, how many weeks did your yaris cross sit in “derbyshire”? Mine’s currently there

two weeks.  But now it's gone missing !!!

55 minutes ago, R Berisford said:

two weeks.  But now it's gone missing !!!

What does the dealer says, he should have a deeper view on what is happening and advise you on the delivery

2 hours ago, JMCterrano2 said:

What does the dealer says, he should have a deeper view on what is happening and advise you on the delivery

It's the dealer that's lost the car !!!!

When I was in pallet distribution, nothing was ever lost, it was always temporarily mislocated, I did have a truck dealer 'lose' an 18 tonne rigid after having work done on it,solved by me going down there and pointing them at it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I wonder if they had 2 cars the same and the dealer PDI'd and put plates on the wrong car - it's more common than you think one member on here had an Aygo for 3 years, and it was only picked up at the first MOT as the VIN was checked, Another had an issue with a New yaris

you need to find out if the dealer has had the same colour car in, a quick check around the cars for the last 5 digits of the VIN should find it

i take it's one of the larger Toyota chains

On 1/25/2022 at 1:47 PM, R Berisford said:

It's the dealer that's lost the car !!!!

The deal should be able to get where the car was picked up and delivered they are delivered to the dealers by truck each probably carrying 8 cars should be easy to track where a car Colour x was dropped and ask that dealer to check his stock 

you emailed Toyota U.K.? What was their answer / comment and how this situation can be sorted 

16 hours ago, JMCterrano2 said:

The deal should be able to get where the car was picked up and delivered they are delivered to the dealers by truck each probably carrying 8 cars should be easy to track where a car Colour x was dropped and ask that dealer to check his stock 

you emailed Toyota U.K.? What was their answer / comment and how this situation can be sorted 

No answer yet.

AT LAST !!!  The salesman at my Motorline dealer rang this morning to say that my new Yaris Cross has been at the  dealers since Friday.  He couldn't explain why he said it was not there on Saturday.  My conclusion is that the sales personnel at my Motorline dealership are pathetic, disorganised and incompetent.

Anyway, I have a registration number and am picking my new car up on Friday afternoon.  It's been a long wait  -  20 weeks.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, R Berisford said:

Motorline dealer

Been taken over now by Constellation Automotive Group, who also own BCA (British Car Auctions), We Buy Any Car and Cinch.

4 hours ago, R Berisford said:

AT LAST !!!  The salesman at my Motorline dealer rang this morning to say that my new Yaris Cross has been at the  dealers since Friday.  He couldn't explain why he said it was not there on Saturday.  My conclusion is that the sales personnel at my Motorline dealership are pathetic, disorganised and incompetent.

Anyway, I have a registration number and am picking my new car up on Friday afternoon.  It's been a long wait  -  20 weeks.

Luckily my Motorline dealer in Horsham have been excellent over 3 car purchases. Hoping they stay good, now owned by Marshall Motor Holdings.

4 hours ago, R Berisford said:

Woo! Exciting! :biggrin: 

We demand pictures and a short essay of how you find the car when you collect it!

(Just kidding :laugh: )